Chapter 7

Ginny, Hermione and Ron ran into the corridor just in time for them to run into the Death Eaters coming from the Astronomy Tower. They heard a pop from behind them and Ginny spun around. 

"Bill? Charlie?" 

The men along with everyone else who came started defending themselves from the Death Eaters. Somehow, every spell struck at the teenagers just flew away or didn't hit them. Genny found herself fighting along Ginny, until she saw a rather familiar bob of black hair run towards Snape. She ran after him and hide behind a column by the castle and watched Harry attack Snape and Snape reveal himself to Harry. She then watched as Snape hit Harry with a curse. She called Buckbeak and the girl and hippogriff chased Snape and the rest out of Hogwarts.

They then turned around and went to help Harry. Buckbeak landed nearby Harry and Genny got off. 

"Good boy Beaky. Sirius would be proud." She said. She knelt down to Harry and tried to revive him, with success. Once revived, Harry dashed for his wand and pointed it at her. However, it seemed Genny hadn't noticed as she was gently petting Buckbeak. Then she started to laugh. 

"Do you really think I would chase Snape off, be friends with Buckbeak, and revive you if I wasn't on your side? My father was killed by Voldemort, and the man who adopted me was killed by Bellatrix. Plus, I'm part of the Order and work at the Dragon Center with Charlie." She said and turned around looking at Harry fiercely in the eyes. Harry still kept his wand raised. Genny then decided to try harder to obtain his trust and cast her Patronus. A large gleaming dragon flew around them and disappeared as Genny got distracted. Her patronus had changed. It used to be a doe.

"Who are you?" Harry said, speaking for the first time since Snape had been chased off the grounds. 

Your bloody sister. Genny thought before introducing herself. "Genevive Scamander adopted daughter of Diana and Patrick Scamander and adopted sister of Rolf Scamander. Known squib until this year, when my magic was, and I quote, forced out of me by a deranged dragon attack. Also I'm an order member and am going to get you to the Hospital Wing if it's the last thing I do since you have a rather nasty cut on your arm. Oh, and I was the first person Sirius came to when he escaped, even though I was 14. We met when you first met Sirius"

Harry finally lowered his wand. Genny figured bringing up Sirius finally gained his trust. She unexpectantly fell to the ground and a verbal scene began to form in her mind. 

"James Potter! How many time have I told you to-"

"Honestly Lily, what did I do now?"

"You bloody hexed Snape when he wasn't looking." She said, exasperated.

"Lily, I did no such thing. I haven't done that since fifth year."

"Then who did."

"I did." a male voice said.

"What! Connor? Why?" Lily said confused. 

"Lil, he insulted our family behind our backs. He was ranting to his death eater friends about how we were a pair of mudbloods. I just couldn't let that go." Connor said. 

"oh. That idiot!" Lily said, her anger now diverted to Snape. James laughed.

"What are you laughing about Potter?" Lily demanded.

"Oh only that my girlfriend has anger issues." James said.

"You are just happy it's not directed at you."