Chapter 16

The day went on. Genny and the rest were taken to Hogwarts and all of them were put in higher level defence. Genny proved to be at the level of the seventh years with her magic, which was impressive seeing as she had only had magic for a short amount of time. McGonnagll knew this year was going to be very interesting.

Charlie met them after the testing and apparated himself and Genny to the Ministry.

"Charlie what level is it?" Genny said as they went in the elevator. 

"4, but we are meeting Newt on 3," Charlie said.

"About that, I- Well, how on earth did you contact him?"

"It was rather easy actually. I gave a letter to an owl and the owl delivered it."

"No, you don't understand. The Scamanders and I have been trying to contact him for years. And Tina."

"Oh. Well-maDUCK!" Charlie said as the elevator opened on level 3. He pushed Genny to the ground and everyone else in the elevator ducked. An auror got out his wand. 

"Who are you?" He said. 

"That is none of your business. Where is Charlie Weasley and Genny Scamander?" a strange man said

Charlie and Genny stood up and got behind the auror, gripping their wands tightly.

"Here," Charlie said.

"Everyone get out. "Genny said and everyone else, besides the auror got out. 

"You know. I'm really getting sick of being attacked. And it's Genny Weasley. Not Scamander." Genny said. "And really, attacking us in the Ministry was a mistake. Especially on the auror level."

She said with a smirk. 

"What are you talking about." The man said.

"Look around you. You're surro-Protego!" Genny said, tears formed in her eyes as she read the man's mind and protected herself from his curse. 

"It wasn't Bellatrix. Who killed Patrick. It was you. You killed the man who took me in even though he didn't have to." Genny said. The auror sent a spell at the man.

"Who is he?" he asked Genny.

"Mentis Vitae Tillite," Genny said. She felt Charlie wrap his arms around her stomach, his wand still intact, and place his head on her shoulder.

"Mr. Tillite, You are under arrest." The auror said. Tillite shot another spell at Genny and Charlie who blocked it easily.

The auror nodded at his partners and they stunned the man and took him out of the room.

"I'm Auror Jameston." He said and held out his hand. Charlie let go of Genny and shook it.

"Charlie and Genny Weasley. " He said. Jameston smiled. "I know. I have a question for you Mrs Weasley."

Genny nodded.

"How did you know who he was and what he did?"

"I was afraid you were going to ask that. I'm a- well there's no name for it but I can see people's memories and hear their thoughts and talk telepathically with them. "

"Huh. I've only heard of that power once before. With Conner Evans." the auror said.

"Yeah. It's genetic." Genny said. "We'll see you later, I'm sure."

Jameston gave her a confused look and got off the elevator.

"Level 4" Charlie said. and the elevator sprung into action. Genny sat down and Charlie knelt down next to her. Before either of them could talk the elevator opened. They stood up and walked out. Charlie asked someone where the beast division was and they were directed over to it. The walls were filled with pictures of different beasts. 

"There." Charlie said and pointed over to an office. The knocked on the door and it was opened by a woman. 

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Weasley correct?"

"Yes," Charlie said and they were ushered in. 

"I must say, your apperance surprises me. My name is Ms. Kettlestorm by the way."

"Hello, Yes sorry. We ran into some trouble coming up here." Charlie said. 

"Oh! I'm sorry! Well, let's get down to business." Ms Kettlestorm said.

Charlie went over all his plans and Genny watched. She loved how much passion he had talking about this. His arms waved all over the place. Genny couldn't quite read Kettlestorm's facial expressions so she read her mind for a few seconds. Kettlestorm seemed happy from what Genny could see. 

"Well, Mr Weasley. I can certainly see your passion. And your idea is honestly one I have thought of before but couldn't execute. Will your wife be working there as well?"

"Yes. I am. But after this school year. " Genny said.

Kettlestorm nodded. "Well, I think it's settled. I'll ask around here if there is a good amount of land we can use. You two should look too."

"Thank you!".  Charlie said and shook her hand. Genny followed and the two left the room.

Genny smiled brightly and Charlie hugged her.

"We got it." He whispered.

"I know, I was there," Genny said with a laugh.

They got back to the manor to find decorations hung up all over.

"How in Merlin's name did you kno- oh. Hi, Connor." Charlie said.

"Congrats!" Connor said and hugged the couple. He had a sneaky smile on his face and made Genny giggle. Harry, Ron and Hermione were there as well as the rest of the Weasley/Evans/Lupin/Scamander crew.

"You guys are toerags," Genny said as she hugged her uncle.

Connor laughed and ruffled his hair.

"You know-"

"Mum used to call you and Dad that. Yeah, I do." Genny said.

"She called Sirius, Remus and me that too," Daisy said.

"Well, that's nothing. I've been called a bloodsucking two-footed barnacle once by my dear wife." Charlie said.

"Well, you stepped on my toe!" Genny said causing everyone to laugh. "Plus, I was referring to your shoe not you personally." She said and rolled her eyes.

They heard someone come in the door and Genny walked over to see who it was.

"Newt Scamander! You little pathetic horned niffler! I've been sending you letters for year but-"

"Sorry to stop your rant, Genevieve. I've only just escaped.
Some man named Mentis Vitae Tillite captured me."

"Oh. Yeah, we met him at the ministry today."

"And for that I am very grateful. The Auror did a full investigation on him and found me."

Newt sighed but was surprised when Genny hugged him.

"Come on! I want you to meet everyone!" She said and  pulled him into the other room.

"Grandpa!" Rolf said and gave him a hug. Diana walked over and Newt embraced her in what Genny thought was a hug much needed from the pair of them.

"Alright you three. Stop being so adorable. You are going to...nevermind. You already made me tear up." Genny said. Harry put his arm around her waist and for that moment, she finally felt like she had a full family, and yet there still was something missing.

And she couldn't put her finger on it.

The party continued. Everyone had a very good time and no one wanted to be the first ones to go. No one except Teddy that is. Teddy started crying of pure exhaustion and Remus and Tonks decided it was time to go.

Everyone else followed soon and eventually it was just Genny and Charlie at the Potter Manor.
Charlie pulled Genny into a hug and the couple went up to their room and went to bed.