I finally reached the garden with him and stood while he picked some plants. A quick pain shot across my abdomen causing me to gasp. Carl looked at me and I smiled,

"I'm ok. Think the baby just kicked."

That wasn't a kick though. I have felt it kick many times and that was never as painful as that was.i quickly shook it off and went back to talking to Carl.

"I'm going to miss this." Carl sighed.

"miss what?" I asked confused.

"hanging out with you. When that baby comes, you won't have time for me anymore." He whispered.

this startled me. Did he really think that?

"Carl? I'll always have time for you. Sure I may be taking care of someone else, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to still be there for you. And plus, you're niece or nephew is going to need there favorite uncle" I smiled.

he smiled back and then we both jumped when we heard another voice,

"why does he get to be the favorite uncle?"

we both turned and saw Merle. I smiled as he walked over to us.

"What ya doin outside little sis? My brother know yer out here?" He asked.

i rolled my eyes," probably not, but since when do I listen to yer brother?"

"Very true. How's my niece or nephew doin?" He asked referring to my stomach.

"good" I smiled and put my hand on my stomach.

then it happened again. That pain. I took a deep breath when it did and merle noticed.

"ya alright?" He asked.

i tried to recover and smile at him, but the pain came again. I was now bent over as the pain kept coming. I began taking quick deep breaths.

"Kayla?" Carl asked.

i once again didn't respond. The pain was too excruciating. I began to sweat. This was it, I had to be in labor and those pains had to be contractions.

"Get daryl." I tried to fight the pain, but my legs couldn't handle it anymore, I fell.

"woah!" Merle said and caught me.

i clutched into him tight as another contraction hit me.

"What's happening!" Carl cried.

"the baby's coming" I hissed in pain.

"dammit!" Merle said lookin around for anybody to help.

There was no one. He looked to Carl quickly,

"kid go get my brother and yer dad! Quick!" He yelled.

carl sprinted off. I gripped merle tightly and screamed in pain.

"damn it woman. Yer gonna tear off my arm!" He said.

i ignored him and screamed in pain again.

"I'm gonna try to move ya. Get ya up to the prison." He said and started to pick me up, but I screamed louder in pain.

"dammit woman! Yer gonna attract every damn walker for miles!" He said.

"o I'm sorry, It's not like I'm in labor or anything! You try it and not freaking scream!" I yelled.

He chuckled," no need to get sassy with me lil sis"

Daryls pov

i was walking with Rick to go see Herschel. Kayla would be going Into labor any day now and I was gonna be sure we were ready. It had to go perfectly.

"how's she doin?" Herschel asked.

"she been alright. She's been waking up a lot at night though." I said.

"that's expected as we get closer. Should be any day now. Ya ready?" He asked.

"have to be." I grunted.

"ya you do" he smiled.

"Where is she anyway?" I asked.

"last time is saw her she was in the infermery, said she was going lookin for Carl." Rick said.

i nodded and continued talkin to the guys when we heard the door for, the outside open and Carl scream,

"dad! Daryl!"

it wasn't a regular scream either. It was one of pure fear. We quickly ran to him. When we saw him, he had tears in his eyes and was breathing heavy.

"You have to come quick! It's kayla!"

My heart dropped.

"what's going on Carl?" Rick asked worried.

"The baby's coming!" He cried.

i started worrying frantically and ricks eyes got wide.

"Where she at!" I demanded.

"out by the garden! Merle's got her! Come on we have to go!" He cried and ran out the door.

dammit woman! Why couldn't ya listen and just stay inside!

"Herschel Kayla's in labor!" Rick yelled

"get her in here! I'll have Maggie get my cell ready!" He yelled back.

Rick nodded and we both ran out the door after Carl. My mind was a million other places. I thought I had a few more days to get ready for this, but I don't. I have to be ready now. Once outside I heard he blood curling screams and cries. This made me run faster.