Chapter 57

Daryls pov

Breathe. Come on dont be a pussy! Ya got this! I continued walking out towards the gardening area hearing ricks footsteps behind me. He was running to try and catch up to me, but I was walking too fast.

"daryl!" He yelled.

my mind was a million other places. I couldn't shake what I was about to do out of my mind. How do I do this? How do I start?

"daryl what's wrong!" He yelled.

i finally got to the area by the fence. I knew everyone was asleep but I wanted to be as far from anyone as possible. I stopped and turned to him and he stopped quickly, avoiding being able to run Into me. His eyes filled with worry. Why the hell was he worried? I'm the one that should only be worried right now!

"what did you need me for?" He asked.

alright I gotta do this now before I regret it. Wait why am I sweating? Why am I shaking? Shit!

i was about to start my speech when I quickly changed direction of the conversation,"ummmm so ya know this is all joke? This meeting. Ain't nothin good gonna come outta it."

dammit! He sighed and looked out to the fence, "I know. Just thought I'd try. See if there was any way."

i grunted in response and bit my thumb nail nervously, avoiding eye contact. That wasn't why I was out here. I didn't give a flying fuck about that prick right now. He musta noticed cause he turned back to me,

"what's on your mind daryl? We both know that was not the reason you brought me out here."

i sighed nervously. I guess it's now or never,"ya know how much I care about kayla. I'd protect her with my life."

"ya I know" he agreed.

"never had no one care for me. Hell merle says he did, but he was in and out of Juvy so much. I had no one. Then she shows up and everything changes. Every wall I built up for years, she's just broken down." I sighed finally making eye contact.

he just nodded.

"I love her Rick." I said sternly.

"I know ya do. Noticed it when ya first layed eyes on her. She is good for you." He agreed.

"Look today is in a start a lot of shit. I left her once. I ain't ever leaving her again. I can't. I want her to know that. I want her to be a dixon officially. I want to do this right and Her dad isn't here anymore, you're the closest thing she has to a dad now." I said hoping he would get what I was asking.

he sat there and starred at me for a moment. Contemplating what I just said.

"are ya asking for my blessing?"

i just nodded.

he took a deep sigh and rubbed his head," I'm not her actual father daryl. I really wish I was though.that girl has gone through so much. She's changed, grown up. Her dad would be so proud of her. I have to think of what mark would say in this situation."

that made me nervous. I looked down to the ground and then back up at Rick. He remained silent for a few minutes and then looked back to me,

"I think what he would say that he would be more than happy to have you as a son in law. So in that case yes you have my blessing." He smiled.

i looked up to him and gave him a slit smile while extending my hand to him. He took it and gave a nice firm handshake,

"ya take care of her you here?"

"always." I said back.

he nodded and headed back up to the prison. Relief and excitement filled me. Honestly I wanted to jump around in joy but I ain't no prissy girl. I looked up to the sunrise, it had to be around 8am. Everyone would be getting up soon. If I wanted to do this today, I had to make my run. I needed my crossbow though so I began to run back to he prison.