Chapter 6

Daryl's pov

I watched as Rick took kayla around to meet everyone. I tried to stay focused on my squirrel, but I wanted to see everyone's reaction to er. Make sure they like er cause she was stayin. Glenn,t dog, Lori, and Carl seemed welcoming of er. When Shane met her, his eyes scoped out her whole body and I could see something in his eyes I didn't like. Oh he'll no. Get them thoughts outta yer head cause ur not touchin her and I'm gonna make sure of that. The hell? Why do I even care? Carols reaction was as expected. I watched her as her introductions were over and she got to decide where to sit. I looked down quick wen she looked at me. God I hope that bitch doesn't sit next to me. Or do I? Shit! This inner fighting is gettin annoying. She ended up sitting next ta Carl and Rick. Which pissed me off a little. Don't know why it did.

She began explaining what she did before this. Then Glenn asked,

"Got any family?"

I shot daggers at him. I hadn't known her long but I knew that was a sensitive subject for her. I watched her reaction as she tried to fight back the tears in er eyes. If she keeps that up she's gonna break. I was interested in knowin how her cousin died and how her brother was lost, but those were questions for different times. She finished her story and Rick and Carl both comforted her. I don't know why but it made me smile a bit. I quickly wiped it away before anyone could see it though.

It got later and she headed back to our tent to sleep. I watched her from my spot by the fire. Man she looked good from the front and the back. Wait what? I heard Rick and Shane talking so I went up to em to hear bout tomorrows plans.

"Figured we'd set out before sunrise tomorrow. Get a fresh start." Rick was saying.

I just nodded and then he looked to Shane for his answer. The prick was too far in a trance looking over my shoulder. I looked in the direction he was starin to my tent where kayla was. Oh hell no. I glared at him.

He smiled at me then looked to Rick,"yea sounds good."

"Right we'll we should all turn in. Big day tomorrow." Rick said and walked to his tent. Me and Shane just watched him and then looked back to each other.

"Don't even think about it." I said harshly.

"Think about what?" He asked acting confused.

"Kayla. Ya stay away from her." I said.

"Why? Not like she belongs to you. That girl is fair game." He smiled.

His smile really pissed me off.

"That girls name is kayla and I swear if I ever see ya near her or even try ta touch er I'll kill ya." I threatened.

"Wow the rednecks got feelings." He said.

I grunted. Did I really have feelings for her? Dixon's don't care. Do we? Is it even possible?

I walked back to the tent and saw the sleeping girl. I smiled, she looked peaceful. I layed down in my sleeping bag next to hers. I looked at her one last time. I sighed I knew I couldn't shake this. I was gonna protect this girl or die tryin.

I fell asleep soon after, but woke up to shuffling around in the tent. I opened one eye to see kayla digging through er bag till she got a flashlight. The hell she doin? She looked back to me and I quickly closed my eye and I heard her leave. Why the hell is she sneaking around? I watched from the tent to see where she was going. Into the woods? Really? What a dumb bitch! I waited till she thought she didn't wake anyone and continued into the woods to go after her. I grabbed my cross bow and headed out after er. I swear this girl was gonna get me killed.