"Are you okay?" Laura questions "what was that about?"

Like I can tell her. If I told her about Kyle and Tommy's bet, who knows what would happen.

"nothing" I sniff.

"It didn't sound like nothing to me" she lowers her voice in concern.

I lift my head from Laura's shoulders where I see Thomas throw a punch at Kyle, by the lockers. How did this escalate so quickly? Someone please break it up before someone gets hurt.

"Emma" Ely says in a hushed tone, and concerning eyes, as approaching me "What did he say to you?"

He looked into my eyes, with tenderness. He wasn't aggressively trying to get answers out of me, he was genuinely concerned. 

I shake my head slowly as wiping my eyes with my sleeve "Nothing"

"Tell me" he insists.

I look up a Laura who had her arm wrapped around me. Me telling them would cause more trouble than it would resolve. They had to trust me on that.

"What did you say to her huh!" I hear Thomas scream from behind me.

His loud voice drew a crowds attention. I felt like begging him to leave it alone, but I don't want to cause any more trouble.

When did Thomas become so overprotective? It probably started when I was fifteen and pregnant. Since than he had called me names such as whore and slut. He would never admit it, but that's when he cared the most.

"Please can you just leave it alone" I begged.

I'm too emotional, that's the problem. The day that I learn how to control my emotions, is the day when incidence like this will stop occurring. Laura and Ely exchange looks.

Laura nods "okay lets go" she walks be down the hallway.

"So how was your weekend?" I change the subject.

"I went on a date with Jake Garcia" she half smiles "he took me to a movie than afterwards we walked through the park"

"....Did you sleep with him?" I force myself to question.

"No" she shakes her head slowly, maintaining her smile "I didn't"

I nod "Are you seeing him again?"

"I don't know" she shrugs "maybe"

She seems to happy. If I told her about Kyle and Tommy then I'd ruin her mood.

"You seem very cheery" I observed.

"I am" she half smile as her eyes fill with sadness "I hate being happy....it doesn't feel right"

"What do you mean?" I dry my eyes with my sleeve.

"Everybody around me are always so....unhappy" Laura admits "Willow with her cancer, Tommy with his brother, Kyle with his dad, Ely with his entire family,....that's why I like you and Jacob so much"

"What?" I widen my eyes.

"You two are always so happy, well with now as an exception of course" she smiles "your lives are so simple and easy....your lives aren't complex like the rest of them"

My heart broke. Thomas and I have the hardest live out of all of them. We're running from a hitman who killed my boyfriend, tried to kill me, wants to kill hank and Thomas, and is the reason why I haven't seen my brother and daughter in two years.

"Yeah you're right... It's not" I struggle to say. 

"You can tell me...." She starts "what's going on with Kyle"