18: Who's the new guy?

Start from the beginning

Kyle didn't respond anything smart and I turned to see him back to sleep, snoring lightly.

I got off from my bed and made it after which I turned towards the direction of the bathroom but before that, I looked over my shoulder and stared at the guy sleeping peaceful on the bed opposite of mine.

Before I can stop myself, I made my way towards his bed and bent a little to look at him carefully.

He looked boyish and innocent, strands on hair taking the liberty of falling on his forehead, his mouth opened slightly, his eyelashes resting on his cheeks and his bare chest visible, his other half covered by the sheet.

Without giving my actions any thought, I raised my hand to swipe the strands of hair away from his forehead.

My hand froze in the mid way when I heard a groan from Kyle and he started mumbling something.

I was in too much of a shock to compose myself so when Kyle opened his eyes slowly, I only managed to bring my hand back at my side.

Kyle blinked a couple of times trying to get rid of the sleepiness before a lazy grin rest on his face.

He looked so beautiful.

"What a beautiful sight." I heard Kyle mumble before he raised his hand to touch my cheek.

Was he sleep talking? Did I heard correct?

I didn't move, I couldn't. With my bent form and eyes as big as an anime character, I might be looking comical but Kyle's reaction was even more funnier.

His eyes narrowed and confusion washed over his face before his hand on my cheek froze where they were then with hesitating eyes, he pinched my cheeks.

I yelp at the sudden sting on my cheek. I stood up straight beside his bed and massaged my cheek.

Kyle squeaked like a girl and sat upright on his bed. His eyes wide and his hands over his chest covering himself.

"Why did you do that for?" I yelled continuing to rub the cheek where he had pinched.

Kyle breathed out before yelling back, "Why were you so up close to my face? Of course, I got scared."

I couldn't tell him I was watching him sleep. That'd be downright weird and awkward. So I searched for something sensible to say, which will make sense and will be good enough reason why I was so up close to his face.

"Be-Because I was waking you up?" It sounded more like a question than a statement. Kyle raised a questioning eyebrow at that so I tried again. "I was waking you up." I hoped I sounded confident.

Kyle didn't say anything instead he just stared at me. I tried to keep my stance and face confident so that he will buy my lie without any doubt.

After what felt like eternity, Kyle finally said, "Okay."

"Okay then." I clapped my hands but quickly brought them back to my side when i realized what I was doing.

It makes you look like you're nervous, Rose. I scolded myself.

Kyle was watching me, my every move. I looked away from his molten brown eyes momentarily before bringing it back. "I will use the bathroom first." I smiled turning around swiftly.

"Sure." I heard him say but I didn't turn around.

I grabbed my clothes and toiletries from my wardrobe before making my way towards the bathroom.

I stopped keeping my toiletries in the bathroom because Kyle being Kyle always go through it and that was not it, he'd ask me questions about the things he would interesting and would asked me all sorts of questions regarding it like 'how it was made' 'why do I use it' 'what does it do' and so, to avoid all these questions and to save myself from the embarrassment of answering his questions, I stopped keeping my toiletries in our shared bathroom.