Chapter 2

"Jimin?" The words seemed to slice through the intense atmosphere, bringing both of them to somewhat peace. Yoongi considered it a miracle that he was able to say his name, because now his tongue was in knots. He knew he was watching Jimin with eyes of disgust and disappointment, he almost wished he knew that's how he felt, but he was a good person. He wanted Jimin to feel what he felt, wishing that at least a small part of himunderstood. Because Yoongi didn't understand him at all.

The boy cleared his throat, straightening out his shirt before standing up, offering Yoongi his hand, "Hi Yoongi, I'm your new roommate Jimin, I hope we get along."

He smiled warmly, it was a smile you'd offer a stranger. Yoongi could feel his heart plummet into the depths of his stomach, this wasn't Jimin.

Jimin wouldn't say those words, because Jimin would know how not acknowledging him would hurt. Yoongi wasn't sure what kind of game he was playing at, but he was having none of it. If he thought Yoongi was just going to go along with his little charade, he was so wrong. The Jimin he knew was soft and considerate, he wouldn't hurt someone who even deserved it. He was kindhearted and loving, and he tried find the best in everyone even if they were filled with nothing but darkness.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Yoongi didn't mean for it to sound as intimidating as it did, his boiling anger escaping his mouth as a growl. He discarded his box on the floor, it didn't matter anymore. Jimin didn't seem surprised that he didn't follow his bullshit, his facial expression unmoving. Jimin seemed to be debating all his actions, opening his mouth and closing it, reaching for something then clenching his fist. Maybe he was just as confused with himself as Yoongi was with him.

"I'm trying to enjoy college like everyone else," He shrugged, wandering back towards his bed, rooting through his drawers to make it look as if he was doing something productive. He was barely even paying attention to what he was doing, it was obvious he was much more aware of Yoongi's movements then his own.

"So that's how you're going to be? Leaving me with unanswered questions and pretending like the you now is the you you've always been?" Yoongi was almost pleading, his voice weak and desperate. He never liked coming across as vulnerable, but right now he couldn't help it, "Do you have any idea how selfish that is?"

Jimin stopped, his body going stiff. He sniffled, which lead Yoongi to believe he might cry, but he just brought his hand to his eyes, breathing in. He just looked at him, so many emotions swirling in his pupils that Yoongi had no idea what he was actually feeling.

"I left for Korea," He spoke flatly, not daring to look in the elders direction, "And I came back."

There was no doubt that he was telling the truth, Yoongi could just tell by his mild accent that wasn't there before, he really was completely different. Yoongi had known Jimin had left for Korea, sure, he was even there to send him off, it just seemed fishy that he was back.

Even the small cute boy was nowhere, Jimin was so much broader now, his arms filling up his cardigan. He didn't grow very much though, which almost made Yoongi want to laugh.

"I established that much thanks," Yoongi's tone was venomous and bitter, but he didn't regret it. He wanted Jimin to feel guilty, he deserved to feel guilty, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back? Like you promised? Why did you never contact me?"

"Did you ever think that maybe I wanted to leave all that behind?!" Jimin almost screamed into the room, his voice echoing against the walls. His words were like a slap across the face, leaving Yoongi feeling like his skin was stinging in the same way. Jimin just confirmed the fears that kept Yoongi up at night, that the only person he ever fully loved and trusted never cared about him. It was the worst realisation to come to, and it hurt like a bitch.