Training for the Citadel

A few days after Anakin took her back to Coruscant, she was brought before the Council to explain herself. She told them that she was from the future and that she was sent back for a reason. However, she neglected to tell them what that reason was.

After she gave her explanation, the Council decided to allow her to stay at the temple and finish her training under Obi-Wan. She looked toward Obi-Wan for a split second, and then, directed her attention back to Master Windu. "One more thing, Rey. Who was your former master?" Windu asked. Obi-Wan saw her physically pale. "Master Windu, perhaps we should let her rest. After all the excitement she's had on Mortis, we should let her rest," Obi-Wan said.

With that, the meeting ended and Obi-Wan escorted Rey out of the Council chambers. "Thanks for the save back there, Obi-Wan," Rey exhaled. "No problem, my dear. You need time to recover from the events of Mortis and your time travel endeavor. Besides, Jedi come in short supply these days, so it's a blessing to recruit any new Jedi that comes our way," Obi-Wan replied.

"So how long until you're sent on another mission?" Rey asked. "I think you mean we, Rey," Obi-Wan corrected. Rey's eyes lit up with excitement. "Are you serious?" The older man nodded in affirmation. "You will being joining Anakin, Master Plo Koon, and I on a mission to rescue Master Piell from a Separatist prison, but first, you need to train," Obi-Wan replied. Rey arched an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked.

Obi-Wan simply smirked and said, "You'll see." For some reason, his words made her anxious and worried.

***

Well, it's official. Rey hates training! Obi-Wan and Rey had been sparring in the training room for almost an hour and Obi-Wan was really working her over. "Obi-Wan, I can't take anymore! Please, can we take a break?" Rey begged. "Do you think the Separatists are going to give you a second to catch your breath? You mustn't show weakness and don't forget to keep your guard up! Now, again," Obi-Wan yelled.

Rey groaned in exasperation and raised her lightsaber yet again. She charged at Obi-Wan full-speed only to see him sidestep her attack and push her into a wall. Rey could barely make out Obi-Wan walking towards her limp body. He extends his hand to help her up and she takes it, however, that is a mistake. The minute she grabs his hand, he yanked her up and judo flips her onto her back. "That's enough for today, but meet here same time for the next few weeks. So, practice hard," Obi-Wan sighed. With that, he helped Rey sit up straight and left the training room without another word. Rey just groaned and passed out right there on the floor.

And Obi-Wan stayed true to his word. For the next two weeks, he and Rey sparred like that until the day before the debriefing of the mission. By that time she was ready for the mission.