Part 33 - 15th October 1969

Start from the beginning

"You look gorgeous!"

Lucy gave him a slight smile. "You're sure? What about make up?"

Paul took her hand. "You look beautiful sweetheart. If you want to wear make up the put some on. Personally I don't think you need any."

"Does my jumper hide my bump?"

"Why hide it?" Paul looked confused, "We're breaking the news anyway!"

"I don't know," said Lucy worriedly, "I just feel that I need to be more discrete until we've announced it."

"Look Lucy, just relax. This interview is on our terms. If we watch it back and you don't like it then we can scrap it. Don't worry!" He kissed her softly, "Now wife, go make me some breakfast whilst I get dressed!" He grinned at her.

"Oh yes my great master!" she laughed at him, "You've got cheek! Since I'm growing babies, you should be making me breakfast!" She stood up. "Don't take too long. I'm going to do scrambled eggs!"

"Yummy!" Paul got out of bed quickly. "My favourite. See you in a minute!"

Lucy laughed to herself as she headed downstairs to the kitchen,

David arrived with a cameraman at 11am. After setting up the lighting in the living room, Paul and Lucy sat on the sofa facing him.

"Already for this?" David asked.

"As I'll ever be!" said Lucy.

"Just relax Lucy love." David told her, "There's nothing to worry about."

Paul took her hand in his then kissed her on the lips. "Everything will be fine!"

"Three...two...one....action."

David looked at the camera. "Hello and welcome. Here we are with an exclusive Frost Report tonight with a very special interview with none other than Mr Paul McCartney and his very lovely wife, yes viewers, I did say wife, Lucy."

The camera panned to Paul and Lucy.

"Welcome to our home." said Paul.

"And thank you for agreeing to speak to us." said David, "So Paul, Lucy, the rumours are indeed true. You are now married?"

Paul grinned. "We are! This wonderful woman and I got married on the 6th October this year."

"So just a few weeks ago?"

"Yes."

"So how did you manage to keep everything so secret? How does Paul McCartney get married without anyone noticing?"

"Lucy and I became engaged earlier this year." said Paul, "and initially we planned to get married in the local church on the 6th October but on the last minute, we were forced to change the venue."

"Why the need to change venue? Lucy?"

"I was taken ill a few days before the actual wedding," she smiled nervously, "And I had to be admitted into hospital for a couple of weeks. We were both really disappointed at the prospect of having to postpone everything then a member of the hospital staff said that the hospital chapel was available and we could get married there instead."

"So that's what you did?"

Lucy nodded.

"We had a very quiet ceremony and a small gathering afterwards," said Paul, "There were only twelve of us, just immediate family. We had a lovely time!"

"Were John, George and Ringo present?"

Paul shook his head. "No. Our lives don't cross paths anymore. They weren't invited."