Part 9 - January 5th 1969 (cont'd)

Paul awoke some time later. He looked down to see Lucy, still naked, fast asleep beside him. He watched her for a while, thinking how incredibly lucky he was to meet such an amazing woman. He loved her so much already. He slid from the bed carefully so as not to wake her. Then, after slipping on some underwear and his dressing gown, he headed downstairs in search of food. He made a drink for them both followed by a plate of hot buttered toast before returning to the bedroom. Lucy was still sound asleep. Her cover had slipped down slightly, revealing her breasts. Placing the tray on the bedside table, Paul sat beside her, her nipples tantalizing him, begging him to play with them.

"Lucy." He called her name softly but she didn't stir. He tried again but she slept on. Smiling to himself, he moved forward and placed a kiss on her left nipple then began to lick it with the tip of his tongue. Even in sleep, it became hard. He moved to the other and repeated the action. Lucy stirred a little and mumbled something. Grinning more, he did it again, this time sucking her nipples and swirling his tongue around it. Lucy's eyes shot open.

"What the..!" She stopped, her eyes meeting his. "Paul!"

"Hello sleepy head."

She smiled at him and stretched. "Hello. Thank you for the very pleasant wake up call."

He grinned. "My pleasure, believe me Lucy. Anyway, I've brought you something to eat and drink."

"Oh thank you."

Paul waited whilst she carefully sat up, but then looked mournfully at her.

"What's wrong?" she asked him worriedly.

"Alas, you've covered yourself up. I was enjoying the view." he replied, "I could stare at your nipples forever."

"Behave!" she giggled. "I'm hungry! You can have another look later if you're good!"

"I'll hold you to that!" said Paul, kissing her softly. He turned and picked up the tray. "Here you go. A Chef McCartney speciality...tea and toast!"

Lucy looked at him lovingly and giggled at his silliness. "When did you do this?"

"Just now. Whilst you were still asleep."

"You went downstairs dressed like that?" Lucy was horrified.

"Yes, why?"

"But Rose? She'll know what's been happening!" began Lucy, deeply embarrassed.

"Rose won't mind Lucy. She worked for me for years. Don't worry. Plus, she won't know."

"How do you mean?"

"She's gone shopping. She'll be out for ages yet. It's just you and me, so don't worry. Eat something. Come on."

Lucy took a piece of the toast and began to eat. The slice disappeared quickly. "I didn't realise how hungry I was!" she exclaimed, taking another piece.

Paul grinned. "Making love does that, don't you think?" Lucy blushed. "Hey, don't be embarrassed!" He took her hand. "You were amazing Lucy. When we made love, I've never know anything like it! Wow!" He kissed her gently.

Lucy looked up at him. "I loved it too. Thank you Paul."

"You don't need to thank me Lucy my love. That was me and you. Together." He kissed her gently then grinned.

"What?"

"You taste all buttery." He shook his head, a sad look on his face, "It's a fatal combination Lucy."

"What is?" she looked puzzled.

"Knowing you're in my bed, still naked and sexy. That AND tasting of butter, well, you're irresistible!"