Chapter 6- Do You Hate Him?

Carmen fell asleep within minutes of being in Frankie's arms. I shouldn't have forced her to go with Bob today. I didn't make any of this better. Mikey ran his hands through his hair shakily breathing in. Ray was looking at the picture she drew today.

'Why did this happen to her? Why didn't we watch her better' My head was running at a million miles a minute. I didn't know what to think or how to react. Why is she so calm with Frank? Does she not love me? My thoughts were quickly cut short.

"You don't think she'll stay like this, right?" Bob spoke up.

We all stared at him in disbelief. He never really talks to us, it's mostly just small talk and maybe helping with new techniques. Did they really get to know each other that well? He was teary-eyed.

"What?" I asked, finally breaking the long moments of silence.

"Listen, I may not look like a give a shit, but I do. That girl is a fucking mess, and this doesn't' fucking help. She scratched her hand so fucking much today that it was bleeding. She was so fucking scared." Bob didn't even blink. He sat there staring at Carmen.

"Holy shit. Gerard, her hand, it's, it's all bloody." Frank said showing me Carmen's hand.

I quickly grabbed her wrist. I made sure not to squeeze her wrist but grabbed it light enough so I wouldn't hurt her. Her hand had dried blood all over it. I looked back up at Frank who had tear softly falling down his face. Mikey must have noticed this as he took Carmen back to her bunk. I could hear the first aid kit being opened. I noticed Frank's arms were still positioned as if he were still holding Carmen.

"Frankie? Frank, come here." Frank turned me away and instead sat on the couch.

The rest of the night was all of us worrying about and watching Carmen. It was around two in the morning when we decided to finally sleep. I was the last one in the bunk area. Everyone else was sleeping, but I couldn't help but see Frank's light in his bunk on. I guess he's reading or something. I went to my bunk and quickly went to sleep.

...

I waited in my bunk until I knew somebody else was up. My hand was wrapped in a white bandage with a little note written on it, 'Love Mikey.' I love him. I sat in my bunk a little longer until I realized no one was waking up anytime soon. Frank's bunk is across from mine. We both sleep on the top bunks, sometimes we have sleepovers in each other's bunks.

I slid open the curtain to my bunk and then reached over and opened Frank's. His back was turned to the curtain and his hoodie hid his face. I got off of my bunk and climbed up into his. Clothes were everywhere and I'm pretty sure my knee was pressed into some sort of liquid? Ew.

Frank rolled over and opened his eyes very slowly. He looked at me confused for a few seconds, and then he rolled back over and groaned.

"What time is it?" He said shoving his face into his pillow.

"I don't know. Probably eightish?" I rested my head on his back.

He quickly flipped over and then put my head on his stomach. This is really comfortable, but at the same time not.

"Frank?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you and Gerard, a thing?"

He tilted his head so he could see me. He had a sad, pained look. He kind of sighed slamming his head onto his pillow. We sat in silence for about twenty minutes. Until he finally spoke.

"You know kid, I don't know. You'd have to ask Gee that one."

"Oh. I hope you guys get together. You are cute, and really care about each other." I smiled.

"Thanks, kid."

A few minutes after that we went out to the kitchen. Gerard was sitting at the table staring at the wall. He noticed us walk in and looked at Frank. He looked sad, but also angry. He stood up and looked at me. He smiled, but then immediately looked at Frank and signaled for him to follow him.

They walked outside without a word. I sat by the door of the bus and listened to their conversation. They were yelling about something, I could only make out a few sentences.

"Fuck you! My daughter doesn't need fake hope you piece of shit!"

That must be Gerard. I looked back at the table. There were a few beer cans on the table and a box of cigarettes. Shit is he drunk? Wait we have beer? What the fuck is going on?

"You drunk dick! She asked me a fucking question I answered to the best of my ability!"

That's Frank. I didn't think they could yell at each other like that. Right now we are at a bus stop so no doubt there are people staring at them. Why are they being so rude to each other? Mikey walked out and went to say something, but I put my finger up to my mouth. I pointed to the door and he listened. He sighed. He started cleaning up the table and poured us both a bowl of cereal.

"I thought he was over this shit."

"Guess not."

"Yeah."

We both ate and finished our cereal. By that time Gerard and Frankie were just walking back onto the bus. They both looked hurt, but there was no negative feelings in the room. They understood each other's views I guess. Ray and Mikey sat on either side of me. Gerard just looked at me and then went to his bunk. Frank sat down across from us.

"So what happened?" I looked at Frank.

"He heard us talking this morning. He doesn't want you to get the wrong idea. Yes, we do enjoy each other, but we'd never date or anything. Some shit like that, I don't think he's even drunk, I think that's what hurts the most." Frank looked at me with sad broken eyes. This was the negative energy I was expecting.

"That's bullshit and you know it. He does fucking care, he cares about you more than anything." Ray said. I nodded.

"I'll be back," I said before running to Gerard's bunk. As I got closer I could hear quiet cries coming from Gerard's bunk.

"Gee? It's Carmen, can we talk?" I opened his curtain. He was staring at me with red puffy eyes wiping away his tears.

"What's up?" he asked sitting up. I sat next to him. I looked at him and took a deep breath in.

"Do you hate him?"

[A/N] Sorry for the video. I just love it,,, and uhh,,, idk I'm a depressed bitch so whatever. See you in the next chapter!