Ch 8: The Truth

*Zane's POV*

I never hoped for this day to come. Where Aphmau gets to hear my past, I never thought this day would have come where I had to tell anyone! Well I guess I'm not telling it Travis is.

Damn I told Travis about Gene when I didn't even tell Garroth or Vylad!

"Oh my Irene Zane! Why didn't you tell me anything!" Aphmau said in a synthetic voice. I just look down.

"I-I couldn't. I didn't even tell my brothers when it was happening...." I mutter the last part, but I know they heard.

"Zane, you know you can tell me these things. I can understand how you would want to keep this to yourself but, it's hard to keep these things to yourself." Aphmau says.

I'm just looking down with tears in my eyes now. I just couldn't do anything but let Gene hurt me.

Travis voice came through, "But there is one thing I want to know. If you knew he hurt you then why didn't you break up with him?"

I knew this question would come, "I didn't break up with him because.... I didn't want to look lame..."

I can feel the tears again, and arms rap around me. I knew it was Aphmau because her arms just ran around me.

"It's ok, Zane this happen in Highschool and you've changed. Yo- We aren't going to let him hurt you anymore, ok?" Aphmau said. I nodded. I could see Travis with a first-aids kit and started treating me bruises.

After a bit Aph had to go to work, so it was just me and Travis. He ended up turning on the TV which was on My Little Horsey, we watched it for almost an hour. When I get a text from Aph.

Aphmau: Hey Zane! I'm having a 4th of July party, at my place! It starts at 12:00pm!

You: I'll be there!

I look over at Travis who seems to have gotten the same messages, "So are you going?" He asks. "Yeah, I can't decline anything from Aphmau." I replied.

We sat there for a few minutes, but then Travis had to go to work. It was just me alone. I locked all the doors and windows. I will not take the risk of him getting into the house.

After I feel safe I head upstairs and get changed into a black shirt and sweatpants. I go and lay in my bed trying to sleep scared of the fact that Gene could walk into my room and start hurting me.

Finally after and hour, I close my eyes and dream about Cupcakes and someone else.