12.

5 days later...

***

"Let's go over the evidence one more time." Angeline said as she took a sip from her coffee.

"Sure." June replied half heartily.

"So far we have been to first 6 sites of the murder, and these are the following people who have died, going by location: Michal Davidson, Stanley Park. Bruce Tardson, Indian park...George Campbell, Langara College...Wu Yue-Cheng, Van Dussen botanic Garden...Kevin Zhao, English bay...Christi Jones, River rock casino. I haven't gone through the names of the other 4 sites we haven't been through, though I suppose this is enough to make the list for now."

June looked like he was about to say something but was then abruptly interrupted by an incoming phone call.

"Just let me quickly answer that for a sec." June said as he walked over to his desk and picked up his phone:

From a distance Angeline wasn't able to words on the other end of phone, but she could hear June in a normal clear voice:

"I am busy right now. Just go ahead and open it for me." June hanged up.

"What is it?" Angeline curiously asked.

"A package for me, and my employee strictly mentioned it was for my eyes only...but I don't recall ordering any packaging ever since I got to Vancouver."

"Do you think it could be...?"

"Be what?"

"Never mind, it's just doesn't seem real."

"Just tell me, please." June quickly added.

"Do you think it might be some kind of threat?"

"What can a package to do to me? It's probably just some prank..." Realizing Angeline sincere about it, June quickly adjusted the tone of his voice: "What kind of threat are you talking exactly?"

Angeline gone mute for a while, then out from the gloom she said:

"A bomb?"

"Impossible, everything thing that passes through these doors has to go through the metal detector and the x-ray scan."

"What happens if the bomb is a plastic bomb, what happens if the interior of the design was x-ray proof?"

On hearing those words, the temperature of the room dropped 10 degrees. And never like this before, has June ever felt so unsure and doubtful.

One moment passed, then another. Time then became stiff and solid,