10.

"So you're telling me, the murderer isn't alone and this case is directed at this man called June?" Rebecca hazily responded over the phone.

"Yes! That's what I been trying to tell you for the past 10 minutes!" Angeline protested loudly.

"And this June you claim to know is the multibillionaire businessman known to the public as Di Guo-June."

"Yes!" Angeline cried, "For the eight hundredth time I am telling you so!"

"And he is right beside you now."

"Well he's waiting outside the bathroom right now so..."

"So this how you want to do it bitch? You think you can get away under the wing of a billionaire eh? Tell you what, once your time limit is up I will send both of you are your so called billionaire's asses to jail."

"Never mind I don't expect you to understand my situation right now. What you need to know is that if you ignore what I am telling you the rest of your investigation will be chasing dead ends. You're an undercover cop for God's sakes and now you are getting important information from an informant you sent out. So just stop being so blind and believe me for once!"

"Who gave you permission to talk to me like this you son of a bitch?" Rebecca's tone clearly indicated that she wasn't pleased at all. Angeline let out a deep sigh and went on:

"Is there anything I can do to make you believe what I am saying, if there isn't I guess our cooperation is at an end. You can arrest me if you wish, but if you ignore what I am saying you will find nothing but dead ends in your investigation."

"Bitch, are you threatening me now?"

"No, I am just making my point."

There was a long stretch of silence, for a moment there was a quiver of distinct fear in Angeline heart; Did I go overboard?

After what seemed like forever, Rebecca finally decided to pass the sentence:

"Lets assume that the murderer isn't alone and the murders are linked in a way to blackmail June and your theory won't stand. It still lacks one important thing."

"And what is that?"

"Evidence of course, real evidence of course, you dumb ass bitch."

"...we will find evidence! Just give us more time!"

"Forget about it, you ain't getting square with me bitch." Rebecca spat, then said: "I am going to hang up now, lata bitch."

The call ended and all Angeline could do was sigh. Then without further delay, Angeline dialed another number, then waited for the other end to pick up.

***

"Yo whassup girl, haven't seen you in a while," Dawg said over the phone.

"Perhaps now is not the best time..."

"From what I heard from Rebecca, you been hanging around this imaginary boyfriend of yours called June, is that true?"

"First, June is real. Two, this is none of your business."

"Just curious girl, didn't mean to offend your imaginary boyfriend or anything." Dawg chuckled over the phone.

"You're just being a huge jerk right now, so just cut to the cheese."

"Slow down girl, I'll get to the cheese in a moment."

"I am going to hang up now." Angeline snapped.