11.

"A body has been found inside Metropolis this morning at 7:15. The mall will be shut down, and the police are still further investigating the case. And the police and the authorities are now debating whether or not should a curfew be set, until the crisis is contained. This is CBC news, Bella Parks reporting."

"It's the same old thing all over again." June commented then turned off the TV. "So did you get any sleep yesterday?" June asked Angeline, who laid her head on the counter looking completely worn out.

"...Yes I am fine..." though she clearly sounded not.

"Are you alright? Should I go and get a doctor..."

"No please...I just need coffee..."

Without a moment of delay, June poured her a cup of coffee that was still fresh hot and toasty, and set the cup down in front of her. With the tenacity of a wet noodle, Angeline lost grip of the cup half way. She closed her eyes and embraced herself for the burn, but it never did. When she opened her eyes she found an extra hand wrapped around the coffee cup; it was June's hands. The temperature increased several degree immdidealty, the two's faces lit up at once, though June tended not to show joy on his face, his heart raced equally as fast as Angeline. Then with great caution and care, June guided her hand as they set the cup on the counter again, then he let go of his grip reluctantly.

"I...am sorry." June said, turning away at once.

"No, no, I should be the one apologizing." Angeline apologized shyly.

The silence didn't last long, when they turned to face each other again. Either side looked as if nothing happened, and the only evidence left to prove the act, was there still faintly glowing cheeks.

"You should take the day off today..." June suggested.

"Why?" Angeline replied with a surprised voice.

"You looked tired, and I am little tired too...I guess one could need a break every once in a while."

"Ok then, well...what do we now?"

"Take this." June took a card out of his wallet and offered it to Angeline, who reluctantly accepted it.

"I figured a little shopping won't hurt. On this card, is 1 million dollars. If you need more, all you have to do is ask."

There was nothing left on Angeline face, but shock and surprise. She stood speechless for a long period of time, before coming back to her senses and spoke:

"We just met, I can't have your money..."

"Money is the last thing I care about. Take it, it will make me happier."

"...Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am absolutely sure."

"THANK YOU!" Angeline gave June a huge bear hug, and then went B-line straight outside the room. June was left alone hanging there, not knowing how to react, concluded his mix of unravelling emotion with a deep hearty sigh and a small shrug. After making sure he was completely alone, he took out his cell and called one of his contacts.

"Yes, is this Dr. Brown? Yes, I need an appointment right now, this is an emergency. I need to see you at once, and I mean now."

***

"Dr. Brown! Thank goodness you are here." June said, rushing towards the man. And greeted him with a firm hand shake.

"It's an honor to meet you; I believe this is the first time we have met. You look like you are in fine shape to me." Dr. Brown said looking straight into June's eyes. He stood at around June's height, except his shoulder wasn't as broad and was more slender and tall kind, and looked only several years older than June. He had curly brown hair, and eyes the color of brown Carmel; the thick spectacle we wore, brimmed with intelligence shining through it. He was just the kind of guy every kid wants as a doctor, ever patient, soft and kind on the outside.