eight

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face."

"Calum, you better not be drunk off your ass right now or else I'm taking you home!" Ashton yells.

"I'm not drunk, okay?! I'm fine, now leave me alone!" I groaned, chugging down the last amount of shots in my cup and ignoring the slight burn in my throat.

As I clumsily turned around in my chair, a girl walked into the crowd and started dancing with other people. It was her, or at least, I thought it was her.

I stumbled out of my seat and weaved my way into the dancing crowd near her.

Me joining the crowd caught her attention, also the fact that I was the tallest one there. It was time to make my move.

I pressed my body against hers and placed my hands on her hips, guiding her with every move. I leaned down in her ear and whispered, "Hey, babe. Want to dance?"

She turned around and smirked, running her finger down my jawline. "Yeah, stranger. I'll dance with you."

Stranger? What did she mean by that?

I shrugged off the thought and slid my hands so that they were wrapped around her waist and she started grinding her hips onto me to the beat of the music.

I've always noticed these little things about her, especially her small appearances now. The way her curled hair was tied up in a messy side bun, how her red dress fitted around her whole body, and all those other small things.

I spun her around so that she was facing me and that my hands were holding onto both of her sides. I connected our foreheads together and brought my hands up to her cheek, cupping it gently.

"You didn't tell me that you were a very great dancer." She giggled, bringing her body closer to mine.

"I was a great dancer all along." I chuckled, leaning in to kiss her but was immediately stopped by a sharp pain on the back of my left shoulder.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?!" I yelled, spinning around to look for the person who just slapped me.

"That was for you dancing with a slut!"

It took me a while to recognize the voice and once I did, I felt so god dammed stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Stupid Calum.

"I never want to see you again. Goodbye." She - the real her - said, then stormed off.

God, I'm so stupid! I took a lot of shots and became so drunk that I forgot who she really was. I turned around and faced the stranger telling her that I have to go.

So, that's what she meant by stranger. I danced with someone I didn't even know, she accepted it, liked it - I did (but that was when I was drunk) - and now I regret it.

I ran out of the building, chasing after her. "What you saw was a big mistake! That wasn't supposed to happen, please, if you just let me explain!"

She stopped in the middle of her tracks and shook her head, then turned around. "No! You can't explain this situation. You've explained other situations but I'm going to let you save it for this one. I can't trust you anymore. I'm sorry, Calum, but I have to go. Goodbye."

And with that she stormed away, but that didn't make me stop her from leaving.

I won't give up until I surrender.

I ran ahead and stopped right in front of her, placing both of my hands on her shoulders. She was crying. I could see the make-up running down her face. "Babe, please, don't leave. If you could give me just one, one, minute to explain, then you wouldn't have to leave. Please? Just... Please."

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes but I blinked them back. She looked up and shook her head once more. "I'm sorry, but, no. I can't trust you anymore."

"You can trust me if you just would let me explain!"

"But I don't want you to explain now, move!"

"Please-."

"I SAID MOVE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!"

I held tightly onto her arms, unallowing her to escape. "You know, you're going to regret leaving just because of what you thought you saw. If it wasn't for me explaining, then you wouldn't have to go through all of this."

"But," I sighed, "It's your choice to leave, and I'm going to risk it by letting you go. Yes, I feel a little - actually a lot - heartbroken right now but I'm going to try and stay strong through all of this. And you better too because, I love you a lot and I always will."

I stepped to the side and let her through, not even bothering to watch her go. Instead, I looked at the ground and let out a big sigh, promising myself to stay strong.

But I didn't.

And after that, I left for a long walk in the cold night, thinking about what I just did. But, that was when I got a message on my phone.

It was an alert saying that there was an accident on Kino Street - the street that was at the end of the road that I was walking on - and I ran; faster than no one has ever seen before.

I was able to stand close to the accident and I recognized the liscense plate to the car - it was hers. My heart broke into a million pieces because I realized that I was the cause of this accident.

I regret letting her go but when I visited her at the hospital, she was good as new, but not her memory. The doctor told me that she couldn't remember anything from before the accident so she had to start a new life.

She woke up with amnesia and forgot about every single thing that happened in her life before - including our relationship and I - and that's how we ended up to where and what is happening now.

I remember the day she told me she was leaving so clearly. I remember the make-up running down her face when she left.

It was the plot twist of both of our lives.