five

"When he says those words that hurt you do you read the ones I wrote you?"

I peeked behind the tree and watched them, listening closely to their conversation.

"Can you please not touch me?" She said, successfully prying his fingers off if her.

"Why not, babe? I know how to make you feel better."

"Don't babe me."

"Babe."

"Shut up."

"Baaabe."

"Shut up!"

"Ba-."

"I SAID SHUT UP YOU FUCKING IRRITATING DICK!" She yelled.

He hesitated for a while then stood up. "Listen here you little shit. I have out up with you and all your troubles for the past five months and I can't take it anymore! You yell and scream and groan in the middle of the night and you won't confess anything to me! And, when I'm trying to help you nicely, you have this sudden burst of rage! I try to hide my sudden burst of rage so I wouldn't hurt you but today is the day where I finally show you the side that I've been hiding from you! Now, can't you just take a chill pill for at least a week or so?! It's making me crazy off of my fucking ass!"

Tears started flowing down her cheek and she stood up slowly. "You don't see it... Don't you?"

"See what?!" He spat.

She looked up at him and shook her head, lips trembling. "I'm sorry." She says, then run away.

I was about to run up to her until he goes after her but stops in the middle of his tracks. I watch him closely with my eyes as he rubs his face frustratedly and starts walking in the other direction.

When he says those words that hurt her, I wonder if she reads the one I wrote to her.