seven

"If what we had was real, how could you be fine? Cause I'm not fine at all."

As I lay in bed, I thought about the best decision I have ever made:

February 14, 2014

"Do you think it's going to work?" I ask Ashton as he helps me put on my blazer.

"Hundred percent sure mate." Ashton reassures.

"But what if it won't?"

Michael slapped me on the back of my head. "Stop asking questions and just go with the flow."

I rubbed my head and groaned. "Okay! I'll stop asking questions now. There, happy?"

Once again, Michael slapped me on the back of my head. "You just asked another question, dumbass."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, rubbing my head.

Luke came in the room with a bunch of lavenders wrapped in plastic and huffed, "Here are your flowers."

I took the flowers in hand and grinned. "Thanks mate."

I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair one last time to look presentable. I can do this.

I was about to leave the room until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "WAIT!"

"What?" I groaned.

Ashton pulled out his phone and grinned, "First, let me take a selfie."

We all gave our best (and worst) smile as Ash snapped the photo, then pulled us all into a big group hug.

"You'll do fine, Cal." Luke says.

"Remember, just go with the flow." Michael smiles.

"I'm proud of you." Ashton pats my back and pulled away.

"Thanks for all of your support guys. I love you all." I nod, then began to walk away.

"Good luck, Calum!"

"You go glen coco!"

I let out a slight chuckle and walked out of the house toward the direction of her house.

'I'm not going to fuck this up. This is my time to shine." I thought.

I got my flowers ready, my appearance ready, my hormones ready... What else am I missing?

I don't think I'm missing anything so everything will be perfect.

I could see her house from four blocks away so I shook out all the nervousness in my body. It's funny because I look like some random dude shaking his body in a suit, holding flowers, in the middle of the pavement.

Once I got to her house, I knocked on the door and looked down.

This is the moment of truth. I'm going for confess everything to her. There's no going back.

The door opened and she popped her head out, then opened it more wider so I could see her whole body.

"Calum? What are you doing here? And who are those flowers for?" She questions.

I open my mouth to speak but closed it after a few seconds. That's what I forgot! My speech.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

"What?" She asks.

I shook my head. "Oh, nothing."

Come on, Calum. You got to think of something quick or you'll ruin the moment.

"Uh..."

So not a perfect time anymore.

I gave her the flowers and she took them, then started sniffing it.

"Lavenders. Me. You. Pizza?" I grinned sarcastically.

Great job, Calum.

She chuckled softly. "Unusual way to ask a girl out but, okay."

I mentally did the victory dance because what kind of guy would ask a girl out this way and get a yes in return? Oh, me.

I smiled and shoved my hands in my pockets. "Tomorrow at ten maybe?"

She nodded again, "That'd be great." then leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I felt myself blush a little and gave her a small smile then waved. "I'll be here to pick you up."

She nodded her head for the last one and began closing the door, "All right bye tomato face!"

The name she just called me by made me blush even more. God, how to people do this?

Anyways, it all worked out, thanks to my horrible way of asking a girl out.

"Tomato face." I muttered softly and rolled over on my bed, covering the back of my head with the pillow.

If what we had was real, every single moment we had, how could she be fine?

Cause I'm not fine at all.