Act 1 Scene 2 (Part 2)

12:00 pm
Assistant James: Doctor, Detective Swanson is here. (Opens the door wider, Detective Swanson walks in.)

Detective Swanson: Thank you, son. Good evening, Doctor. (Tipped his hat and nodded. Assistant James leave the two men in the morgue.) I had heard of word from your assistant that I was needed. (Walking closer to look at severed body of the victim.)

Dr. Thomas Bond: Yes, it's about the murders of the woman. (Carefully cutting the ripped clothing off of Mary Kelly's body.) I am quite concerned, have you got anymore evidence?

Detective Swanson: Not much from what we had on the scene. The killer hasn't left any leads. What about you? Have you noticed anything new with bodies? (Winced when he saw the opened chest cavity.)

      Dr. Thomas Bond: Not for the obvious, necks sliced and missing organs. Trophies I presume? (He looked at the detective and both held eye contact.)

      Detective Swanson: Something like that. However, what can you tell me about Kelly now? (Dr. Bonds washed the blood off the body as he watched it go down the drain. His stomach churned uneasily.)

       Dr. Thomas Bond: Seeing the wounds more clearly, the face is damaged very badly. The nose, ears and lips have been partly removed. Neck cut down the bone, this is reason for all the blood on the bed and walls. (He looked at the somewhat pale detective.) Are you alright, Detective Swanson? Should I stop the autopsy?

      Detective Swanson: Ugh um, no. No, continue with the autopsy.

       Dr. Thomas Bond: Okay, don't say I didn't warn you. Skin scraped off to the bone on the legs and thighs, going down to the right bottocks. Ugh, well guess he was nice enough to leave some of her lungs. (He shook his head.) A whole lung and a half. (The detective sighed.) Sorry, dry humor. All though, I have the containers with the organs that was taken out.

       Detective Swanson: Was there any of the organs taken from the body?

        Dr. Thomas Bond: Yes. (He hesitated.) The heart.

        Detective Swanson: The heart?

        Dr. Thomas Bond: Yes, I already said that Detective. (He chuckled.) Guess he got his trophy that he needed.

      Detective Swanson: How wasn't that seen till now? (Took out his notepad and scribbled the new discovery.)

      Dr. Thomas Bond: Not with all that blood smeared all over the room. No detective has the patience to check the body for the missing organs. That's my job, Detective Swanson.

      Detective Swanson: Now, I just need to come up with a possible motive. Is that all Dr. Bond? (He put his book away and brushed off imaginary dust off his beige trench-coat.)

      Dr. Thomas Bond: Yes, for now detective. Till next time. (He smiled and scubbed his hands clean over the sink.)

       Detective Swanson: Keep me posted, Dr. Bonds. (The doctor nodded and the detective walked out the door.)

       Dr. Thomas Bond: I hope for the best for him and you, Miss Kelly. (He looked at her in sympathy and pushed her body in the freezer.)