Act 1 Scene 2

ACT 1 SCENE 2:

November 10, 1888
        8:00 am
             Outside, the paperboy yelling, "Get your paper! Headlines: Whitechapel Murderer Strikes Again!" Out of a small window, the sunshine rose high above the morgue walls, filling the room with warmth. Along one wall laid the cold dead in body bags, all lined up like supermarket goods. The far end of the room held a small freezer, two bodies filled it from a week ago. Medical utensils out on the examining table and a journal lay open close by. The medical examiner had arrived early to get started on the latest case of the London murders.

    Dr. Thomas Bond: Good morning, everyone! Hope you all had a good sleep. I know I did. (Chuckling to himself as he put his apron on.)
The wife made a big old meal. Had the children and grands over as well. (Muttering to himself.) Can't take that for granted, I'll be one of you one day.

Still speaking to himself, two knocks came on the door.

Dr. Thomas Bond: Come in!

Assistant James: Good morning, Dr. Bond. (Reading the notes.) All your appointments are on schedule, except Detective Swanson.

Dr.Thomas Bond: Okay. Anything else?

Assistant James: Yes, he said he wants to see you as soon as possible about the murdered woman.

Dr. Thomas Bond: Ah, yes. Just add him in on my break, it's very important that I see him soon. Sent word that he is need at the morgue. (Inspecting the latest bodies and zipping them back up.)

Assistant James: Okay, Dr. Bond. (Scribbling a reminder on his notepad.) Will that be all, Doctor?

Dr. Thomas Bond: Yes, Yes. (No longer bothered by James's presence.) Carry on.

Assistant James nodded and walked out closing the door behind him. Dr. Bond continued his morning observations well into his break.