15 ⁞ bomb's away

Start from the beginning

"He didn't even know I was pregnant when I left; he found out when I told him that I lost them until a couple of weeks since I came back." I stammer walking up beside Lip to Fiona.

"Them? You were having twins?" Fiona's eyes brim with tears.

"Gallagher twins," Frank says looking away.

"I was going to be an Uncle?" Carl chimes in and Debbie's lip trembles.

"I'm assuming you knew the whole time and failed to inform us too?!" Fiona asks Ethan, and he nods looking down at his feet. "Why didn't you tell us, Ellie?"

"I-I'll be at the Alibi to grieve." Frank murmurs and leaves as everyone exchanges him dirty looks.

"I didn't, I-I don't know." I look away, and tears start to fall. Lip pulls me in for a hug and Fiona joins us.

"You're family; we could've been there for you." Fiona mumbles. I pull away and look up to Fiona. "I'm so sorry, are you okay now?" She asks.

"I'm fine." I bite my lip and looking around to all the eyes that were laid on me. "I'm gotta go, I'm sorry." I run upstairs and grab my clothes then head to the bathroom.

After getting dressed and lean on the sink and stare into the mirror. I wipe my tears and just stare at my reflection. I take a deep breath and fake a smile. I leave the bathroom and Lip leans off the wall, fully dressed. I walk past him and grab my bag and phone then run downstairs. I leave the Gallagher home and Lip follows after me.

"El, wait!" Lip calls out, and I continue to walk away. "I'm sorry about Frank. I know you didn't want anyone to know." Lip walks in front of me stopping me.

"Don't apologize for Frank." I sternly say and face him.

"Are you okay?" He asks, and I smile.

"I'm fine," I assure him. Or that's what I keep telling myself. I tiptoe and kiss him on the cheek. "I'll see you after work."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
⋆Ethan's pov ⋆

"How's she really been?" Fiona asks me, and I walk over to finish Ellie's breakfast.

"She hasn't been on her meds since the miscarriage, so you tell me," I mumble, and Fiona stops what she's doing.

"Meds for what?" She asks.

"She's bipolar," I state, and her expression fades.

"We have been dealing with Ian now Ellie? Jesus. She can't go without them, shit what if she snaps?" Fiona runs her fingers through her hair.

"Lip doesn't know about the meds, and she keeps saying she's fine so." I put the now empty plate in the sink and Lip walks into the kitchen.

"She's not on her meds?" Lip asks, and I purse my lips.

"Shit, everyone is just finding out everything today." I nervously laugh, and Lip remains serious.

"Has she shown any signs of a possible mental breakdown? Lip? " Fiona raises her eyebrows and places a hand on her hip.

"She's uh, been very sexually active, but she seems fine. That's what she says." Lip says, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I really didn't need to know that." I chime in. I didn't want to let them know about the topic of her essay for Psychology, so I remained quiet. I look over to Lip, and it was as if a light bulb went on.

"Her professor," Lip says. "She had been seeing her Psychology professor." He says and my eyebrows furrow.

"Did he hurt her, force her into anything?" I angrily say.

"No it was very mutual, she ended things with that when we started seeing each other again. But she's-" Lip trails off.

"She's what?" I ask.

"Nothing." Lip shakes his head, and my eyebrows remain furrowed. "What do you want me to do? Can't force her to take her meds."

"We all just have to pay close attention to her, she'll have a breakdown, and when she does, then that's when she will agree to take the meds. Right now she doesn't think she needs them." I inform the two and start to head out. "Lip."

"Yeah man?" Lip answers

"Take care of her." I softly smile.

"Of course," Lip says, and I look over to Fiona, and she gives me a reassuring smile.

I leave and go to the Chicago Polytechnic website on my phone to find out the name of the professor Ellie had been seeing. James Schultz. He resides on the North side so that's where I'll be. I did some investigating and stand across the street from his building for awhile observing. I spot him leaving the building going out for a jog.

I keep my distance and follow him. He was much older than us, and it pissed me off that Ellie had gotten involved with her professor. I knew what her essay was for the teacher assistants position. That meant another year and extra time with him. I couldn't let that happen knowing she wasn't safe. After trailing him, he stops to take a breath.

I walk up toward him and slam him against the wall, "What the fuck man?!" He barks.

"Stay the fuck away from Ellie," I growl, and my fist flies across his face. I start punching him in the face. "Got it?" I whisper in his ear, and he quickly nods. Before I leave I punch him in the gut and he falls to his knees. Anything to keep her safe.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

This chapter was short I'm sorry, I've been too focused on my other fanfic. I will take a break with that and focus on this. Thank you for reading! Let me know what you guys think.

xx q