"Inside the brief case is 100,000 US dollars. I know this is not enough to make up for the service you provided me, but please accept it for now." Mr. Wu bowed his head all of a sudden.

"No, I don't want the money. I just wanted to help..."

"I can understand your feelings, but lady you are still young and talented. I am sure there are many more opportunities out there waiting for you. You don't want to end up like me, if the government sniffing your tail all the time. So as my last and final request, please just let my case be."

"...I understand. Mr. Wu I daresay you are the most diligent business men I have ever met. And it's been a pleasure working with you."

"Same to you, Young lady." He offered his hand; Angeline took it and gave it a firm shake. Then he exited out onto the streets and wore a wet poodle smile so sad, it could make anyone feel bad upon looking at it. Angeline eyes followed him to the streets until he was out of sight. The store was quiet again.

"Pretend that never happened." Angeline took out a hundred dollar bill from his purse and slid it onto the counter. The shopkeeper eyed the money suspiciously for a moment, and then the money vanished from the counter in a blink of an eye.

"The usual please, and could you turn the television on?" he asked.

A moment later a stove cooked double shot vanilla espresso served in an antique cup came hovering on the table in a silver tray. He cast the coffee a slight glance before returning his attention to the mini TV positioned in far corner of the room.

"Another body has been discovered this morning at approximately 7:35am in Indian Park North Van. Police are still investigating the issue, and there is a high chance that this murder was linked to the previous ones and was done by the same serial killer, Reaper. Though more evidence and facts are surfacing, the police says it only a matter of time before they will bring this 'Reaper' to justice. Bella Parks reporting."

His eyes stayed glued to the screen, even after the report was over. Unable to absorb or piece together the mental jig-saw of the crime, He felt as if his mind was a wet sponge that has reached its limit. It wasn't until a car commercial popped up that he noticed his espresso had already gone lukewarm. He took a small sip and just held there, letting the taste sink in. Despite being neglected from the touch of his lips for long minutes, the coffee did not lose its premium taste, and there was still a sense of freshness hidden in its aroma. He set down the cup gently, and grabbed the petit silver spoon on the side and began to stir the coffee evenly. Life was at harmony that moment, no more clients, no more contracts, no more work...for a while at least. Life is like cup of coffee, enjoy it while you can.

***

It was a chilly night, but inside of the River Rock Casino there was an atmosphere of warmth and temptation. Combined with the haughty looks she has been getting every now and then. She sat silently on the couch with her legs crossed as she dwindled her foot up and down in an impatient rhythm.

After about half an hour of waiting, a man from the reception came up to her and asked "Excuse me ma'am, are you Ms. Watson?"

"What happens if I tell you I am?" she replied in a smooth voice.

"Then I must tell you, you look splendid this evening."

"Thank you." She replied as she stared at her own outfit for a moment; A single piece pink dress that was covered in an excessive amount of shiny plastic diamonds; A classy looking fox fur coat; sparkly blue shade, and tall red dress heels; tall black dress heels. Her long silky blonde hair was tied up and partially covered her face; her eyes were green like snakes, sharp and ready to strike at anything.