Family Party (July 29th)

"Hey, (Y/N)...wake up..."

Tyler said softly.

You opened your eyes and saw him looking down at you.

"Yeah?"

You muttered.

"Um, I totally forgot to tell you but today my family is having a party and I was wondering if you'd wanna go with me and before you say no, just know that my parents know we're together and they seem to like you and you don't have to meet my family yet if you're not ready I totally understand."

Tyler said.

"Yeah, I'll meet them."

You said.

You and Tyler got ready, today was going to be the hottest day of the year so you both wore shorts and light shirts.

You guys drove to his parents house and once you got out of the car Tyler's parents came rushing to him with their arms out shouting, "Tyler!"

"Hello pretty lady are you the one Tyler's been going on and on about for the past few weeks?"

Tyler's Dad said.

You nodded.

"I'm (Y/N) it's nice to meet you."

You said.

"Oh Tyler she's gorgeous!"

Tyler's mom shouted.

You felt your cheeks turn red.

"I know she is."

Tyler said smiling at you.

He grabbed your hand and you guys went up to the rest of the party.

"Hey! I'm Tyler's sister you must be his girlfriend, (Y/N) right?"

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you."

You replied.

Soon, you and Tyler settled at a table with some party food and every so often people would come up and introduce themselves. Tyler's parents sat at the table with you guys and once Tyler's Dad and him left to go get food, you and his mom began to talk.

"Oh I'm just so happy Tyler has found someone! He's never really been good at talking to girls...I guess that's just because of his mental issues...oh my gosh! I'm not sharing any information you didn't know already am I?!"

Tyler's mom shouted.

"No, not at all. I've had some mental health issues over the past years and I still sometimes do...but Tyler and I have already talked about this."

You replied.

"Oh, good. You know he used to tell me he'd never find the perfect girl, he'd always say that she's not out there and that he'd be single forever."

She said.

"I love these tattoos of yours!"

She exclaimed.

"Oh, Tyler actually took me to go get them, he told me I should. You see I used to um, self harm, on my thighs and someone gave me the idea of getting tattoos over the scars and Tyler encouraged me to do it."

You said.

"How sweet of him."

His mom smiled.

Tyler and his dad came back to the table.

"Oh we were just talking about you!"

Tyler's Mom said.

"All good things I hope."

He replied.

"Great things."

His mom said.

You guys left the party after a few hours and in the car on the way home you told Tyler about the conversation you had with his mom and he told you about the conversation he had with his dad.

"You know what my dad told me earlier?"

Tyler said as you guys drove.

"Hm."

You replied.

"He said that he could just tell that you'd be the girl I'll be with for the rest of my life. And I hope he's right."

He replied.

Tyler grabbed your hand and held it and you lifted his up to your face and kissed it.

"I hope so too."

You replied.

The drive was about two hours long and by the time you guys got back to Tyler's Josh had already been asleep.