Girl (July 2)

You were starting to really like Tyler. Like, really like him. And you really wanted to tell him. And that was your plan today.

"Hey (y/n)! I have awesome news!"

Tyler said smiling as he greeted you at the swings.

"What is it?"

You asked standing up with a smile.

"I got a girlfriend!"

Those words made the smile fall from your face and your heart sink.

"Her name's Cassidy. I met her a little while ago and we've went on few dates, and I finally asked her to be my girlfriend! Officially!"

Tyler said in excitement.

You closed your mouth quickly and nodded.

"I-I'm so happy for you!"

You lied.

Now that was probably the biggest lie you'd ever tell. You were crushed. You thought Tyler was feeling the same. You and him talked about your issues together and you've spent the past days with him from sun up to sun down and he sang for you and you guys got along so well!

At this point you wanted to be anywhere but the park with Tyler, when that had been the only place you'd wanted to be for a few days now.

You pretended to get a text message.

"Oh I-I uh I've gotta go my m-mom needs me..."

You said.

"Okay, see you later then."

Tyler said.

You turned and began to walk away and immediately after you weren't facing Tyler you began to sob. You walked home.

You wrapped yourself in a ball and sobbed all afternoon. You really liked Tyler. You may have even loved him.

But you knew deep down you weren't good enough.