Carter Hart (Everett Silvertips/Philadelphia Flyers)

"Carter! You promised!" I yelled at my boyfriend, Carter Hart. He promised that if Canada won World Juniors, that we could get a puppy. And they won, so I was so excited to get a puppy. But Carter shot down the idea when I brought it up a few days after the win, claiming he didn't remember it. "Babe, I must have been half asleep. I don't remember saying that. Plus, we don't have time for a puppy! I'm always traveling and you're finishing up college." He argued, trying to come up with all the different reasons as to why it was a bad idea. I put on my best puppy dog eyes and frowned at Carter, begging him with my emotions. "C, pleaseeeeee?" I drug out the e, just trying to show him how much I wanted the dog that he knew he promised me but was pretending he didn't remember. "Fine. Let's go to the shelter." He gave in and I squealed, jumping into his arms. Carter chuckled and caught me. "Thank you so much! I love youuuuuu." I smiled at him and he kissed me on the nose. "Love you more, baby girl. Now let's go get our fur baby."
The car ride to the nearby shelter was filled with singing and smiles, and we finally made it to the shelter. As soon as we walked in, I fell in love with them all. I grabbed Carter's hand and pulled him around the shelter, pointing out all of the puppers that stole my heart. I saw the Airedale Terriers and I immediately pulled Carter towards them, looking at all of them. They were all playing together, except for one tiny one that just watched his siblings play with each other. He was much smaller than the others, and he looked so upset. "Carter, look at that baby in the corner! He looks so sad! Excuse me miss, can we see the little Airedale that's in the corner?" I asked the lady who was helping us and she happily obliged. "This is Cooper. The poor baby is much smaller than his brothers and sisters, so he can never play with them. He's always so lonely, and most people don't want a lazy Airedale so they pick his siblings and not him to adopt. He's a super sweet boy. I'll get a room set up for you two and you guys can play with him." The lady led us to a small room where we could see Cooper one on one and play with him and get to know him. Once she let us in the room, she told us to put on some hand sanitizer and then went to get Cooper and a few toys. We sat down on the bench and soon enough, the lady came back with Cooper and 2 toys. She opened the door and set him down. The second he was set down, he came sprinting over to Carter. Carter bent down and Cooper jumped on Carter, licking his face and all over. Carter laughed and started playing with Cooper. Cooper soon enough came towards me and I smiled, giving him kisses. We instantly fell in love with Cooper and I knew he was the one for us. "Babe, I think Cooper is the one." Carter broke the silence and I smiled widely, nodding in agreement. "I think he's the perfect addition. Here's to the start of our new family." Carter smiled and kissed me. We told the lady we wanted to adopt him and she was ecstatic, running over to get the papers. The lady came back with the papers and me and Carter signed them and filled them out. "Congratulations! You are now puppy parents." She exclaimed and I smiled. Carter and I thanked the lady for her help and then we took Cooper out to our car. Cooper sat in my lap as Carter drove home. When we got back to our house, we set everything up for Cooper. We were searching through the bags of stuff we bought for Cooper, trying to find his leash so we could take him out. Cooper trotted up to Carter's leg and started pawing at it. "I know, buddy. We'll take you out in a second, let me find your leash." Carter reassured the puppy. But he's a puppy, and he can't wait. Just as I found the leash, Cooper lifted his leg and peed all over Carter's foot. "Cooper! Babe, he peed on me!" He yelled and I bent over, laughing hysterically. "Babe! Stop laughing! It's not funny!" Carter pouted like a little kid. "Just for that, you're stuck cleaning it up."

check out my new Brock Boeser book, Prince Charming! hope y'all liked this one, requests are open :)