Chapter 6

They flew to New York and landed on Stark Towers, Loki put Draca on the couch and went to the roof to check on how Erik was doing with the portal.

            "Is it done?" He asked.

            "Almost, I just need a few more minutes sir."

            "Good, if the heroes are still coming they'll be here soon."

            Loki walked back inside to wait and noticed Draca was gone, he looked around nervously before mentally scolding himself, I'm pathetic, scared of a mere sorceress who grew up around mortals. He checked the rooms but still didn't find any sign of her, when he gave up and went outside before he felt himself get pushed towards the edge of the building.

            "Draca, you don't think you can kill me that easily do you?" He joked and started to take out a dagger.

            "You wanted me to fight then I will." She panted as more blood continued to run down her side. "Now drop the weapons."

            Loki felt her power starting to affect his mind and struggled to stop it, he dropped his dagger but managed to break out of her spell before he could drop his scepter.

            "You'll have to do better than that."

            Draca teleported until she was less than three inches away before grabbing the collar of his armor and pulling him closer. "Drop you're weapon and turn off the portal."

            Loki felt his mind get invaded and failed to fight off this stronger attack, he dropped his scepter on the ground and she released his collar. Loki stood there with a blank look on his face and Draca picked up the scepter, immediately she felt its power starting to connect to hers as if it was alive, it started to glow brighter, startled she dropped the weapon and Loki was snapped out of his trance. He glared at her and took out another dagger, Loki stabbed towards the bottom of her rib cage but Draca made her wings appear and used them to take the hit.

            Draca retreated a few paces and made fire appear in her hand, she threw it at Loki who ducked to avoid getting burned. She was getting ready to attack again but her legs gave out beneath her and the dark spots in her vision grew bigger until she almost couldn't see, what she could see though was blurry and looked like colored blobs that varied in size. Loki looked up and saw the Chitauri flying out of the portal, he smirked but before he could finish gloating over his inevitable victory he saw Tony land nearby. Loki glanced at Draca who was trying to get up and walked inside to meet Tony.

            "Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki said sarcastically.

            "Actually I'm here to threaten you."

            "You should've left your armor on for that."

            "Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"

            "Stalling won't change anything."

            "No, no, no. Threatening!" Tony reminded him. "No drink? You sure? I'm having one."

            "The Chitauri are coming, nothing can stop that. What have I to fear?"

            "The Avengers, it's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' kind of thing."

            "Yes I've met them." Loki smirked. Quit stalling and just accept you're going to die.

            "Yeah, takes us awhile to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-god; a super-soldier, a living legend that kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins; and two agents with magic, and you, big fella, have managed to tick off every single one of them."

            "That was the plan."

            "Not a very good plan. You see when they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

            "I have an army."

            "We have a Hulk."

            "But I thought the beast had wandered off."

            "You're missing the point. There is no throne; there is no version of this, where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth you can be sure we'll avenge it."

            "How will your friends have time for me when they're so busy fight you?" Loki asked as he held his scepter to Tony's chest, it glowed briefly but didn't put him under his control. "This usually works..."

            "Yeah well you know performance issues." Loki grabbed his throat and threw him out the window. "Jarvis any time now!"

            Loki gave him a confused look and turned around only to be knocked over by a red blur as one of Tony's suits flew down to help him. Out witted by a mortal... Thanos is going to kill me... No, this isn't over yet.

            "Oh, and there's one other person you managed to tick off, his name's Phil." Tony said as he flew back up.

            The portal opened and Tony flew out to attack the Chitauri, Loki walked out onto his landing pad and made his armor appear as he watched the fighting start, the others had flown in on a jet and he shot it down to add to the chaos that was starting to take over. They landed safely though to his disappointment, and started to attack the Chitauri that landed on the ground, he noticed Thor standing by Draca who had stopped moving and was now lying still, Thor turned around and glared at Loki who suddenly had an uneasy feeling.

            "Loki, turn off the tesseract or I'll destroy it." Thor shouted in rage.

            "You can't. There's no stopping it. There's only the war."

            "So be it."

            Loki screamed a war cry and jumped down to fight him, Thor blocked his attack with his hammer and Loki moved back so he had room to attack again. Thor charged at him and they blocked each other's attacks so they couldn't hit each other.

            "Look at this! Look at the mess you've made, do you think this will end with your rule! Loki what have you done, even to our own friend?" Thor yelled at him and gave Loki a questioning look but he just glanced away.

            "She got in my way." He hisses, using the first excuse that came to mind. Loki took out a dagger and stabbed Thor in the side. "Sentiment... it gets in your way."

            Thor knocked Loki away and he rolled off the edge of the building before getting caught by a passing Chitauri and flying off. Thor pulled out the dagger and dropped it on the ground before flying down to meet the others.