Chapter 2

Hush, child, darkness will rise from the deep, and carry you down into sleep, child. Darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down into sleep.

            Draca jerked awake and the dream faded, she looked around for what woke her up, she saw there was a missed call from S.H.I.E.L.D. and she called them back immediately.

            "Agent why didn't you pick up your phone earlier?" Fury's voice shouted at her.

            "Sorry Director I was sleeping, you know I just got back from a mission." She growled tiredly.

            "Well we need you to come in, a new threat has shown up."

            "Fine... who's flying me?"

            "Phil will be there in five minutes."

            Fury hung up and Draca groaned and fell back onto the bed, when she glanced at her clock she saw it was two in the morning, she sighed and got up two minutes later to change into an agent uniform. She ran into the kitchen and quickly made breakfast; there was a knock on the door five minutes later and she teleported over to it, Phil grinned when he saw her and Draca groan before checking her gun's holster.

            "Still forgetting your gun I see, I thought I mentored you better than that." He joked.

            "Sorry... wait I have it!" Draca lied as she made it appear in the hand that was behind her back.

            "Lets go then."

            Phil led her out to the jet and she climbed in and sat across from him. That was so stupid of me... why can't I even remember not to use my powers in front of them? I'll get caught... She mentally scolded herself. They flew to the Helicarrier in silence, when she walked inside Fury handed her a tablet.

            "These are the people you will be working with, also there's some information about the tesseract."

            "Who took it?" Draca asked as she opened the tesseract file.

"An Asgardian by the name of Loki."

Draca glanced at him in shock but Fury had already walked away. She ran to the conference room since it was empty and locked the door while she continued to read the files, he mind kept wandering to what Fury had said, though if Loki was here then was Thor coming too? When Thor first showed up in Mexico last year Draca had begged Fury to let her find out what was happening, she already knew it couldn't have been good since Thor had been impulsive and got everyone in trouble despite Loki's warnings, now Loki was here and stole something... If I had stayed I'd know why...

            "Draca get out here!" Natasha's voice came from the other side of the door, causing her to jump.

            "What now?" She growled as she opened the door, why couldn't they leave her to her thoughts?

            "Dr. Banner and Steve Rogers are here."

            "Lead the way."

            Nat rolled her eyes and led her to where two men were standing on the bridge of the ship and glancing around in awe. She noticed the blonde one hand Fury some money before coming over to them.

            "You must be Bruce and Steve." Draca stated, "I'm agent Draca."

            "Nice to meet you ma'am." Steve replied.

            "So uh, how long am I staying?" Bruce asked and glanced at Natasha.

            "As long as it takes to find the cube." Nat replied, "Come on I'll show you to the lab, you get all the toys."

            Draca followed them since she didn't have anything better to do and sat in a nearby chair while Bruce started working on tracking the tesseract. Five minutes later she noticed Nat glaring at her.

            "Can I help you?"

            "Shouldn't you be training? Or showing Steve his suit?" She questioned.

            "You aren't."

            "I'm helping Bruce."

            "Fine I will go... if you fight me and win." Draca smirked, she knew Natasha could never beat her and Nat was well aware of it, mostly because she didn't have human strength... not that she let them fully know the extent. They just thought she trained a lot. "Or you could just leave and I can stay here."

            "You don't have to make everything a fight. And it'd do you some good to remember your rank." Nat hissed coldly.

            Draca glared at her but didn't say anything and led Steve to another part of the Helicarrier. He continued to look around in wonder until she cleared her throat.

            "That's you new suit and shield... Coulson upgraded the armor beneath it."

            "Nice, uh if you don't mind can I go to the training room with you?" He asked.

            "Sure, just don't bother me."

            She led him to the training room and smirked before creating a copy of herself and turning invisible, she didn't plan on training, instead she was going to avoid Nat and stay in her new room to practice her magic. After locking herself inside she checked that the small window was covered along with the dark gray curtain, she concentrated and the items around her lifted into the air, she grinned and started manipulating them, she turned a lamp into a raven and watched it fly around a bit before changing in back and putting everything down gently. Next she rechecked the door and window before making black dragon like wings appear on her back, Draca hated them but she knew that they might be useful in the future.