Chapter 8

Loki caught Hawkeye's arrow and smirked at him arrogantly but before he could turn around and attack the arrow exploded and sent him back onto Stark Tower, right back where he kept starting. He stood up but was punched through the window and hit the wall above the bar; the Hulk came in and roared before walking towards him angrily.

            "Enough! You are all of you beneath me! I am a god you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by a-" Loki was cut off when Hulk grabbed him by the ankle and slammed him repeatedly into the ground.

            "Puny god." Hulk mumbled before leaving.

            Loki laid on the ground and moaned, a few moments later he saw Tony fly up towards the portal in his Iron Man suit while holding onto a missile. I failed... no...

            Loki groaned as the Other's warning came into his mind, he lay there lost in thought even though he could've escaped. The Avengers came in, minus Draca and Seth, and held their weapons at him.

            "If it's all the same to you, I think I'll have that drink now." He said trying to think of something.

            They pulled him up and Thor held onto him, "Where are Draca and Seth?"

            "Nearby." Loki replied casually.

            "Tell us!" Thor shook him roughly.

            "The balcony."

            Clint ran outside and came back four minutes later carrying Seth's body, which was slightly burned.

            "He feels like he has a fever." Barton informed them, "I looked, no sign of Draca."

            "What did you do Loki?" Tony asked threateningly.

            "I didn't do that to him, I swear it."

            "He tells the truth, Loki might have tricks but he doesn't burn people like that." Thor stood up for his adopted brother.

            "The floor was melted do you know what could've done that?" Clint questioned.

            "... There is one."

            "Thor, you don't mean... he was locked up." Loki said, suddenly looking panicked.

            "Surtur is free. We won't know until Seth wakes up but if it is him then we are in danger."

            They went back to S.H.I.E.L.D. and reported to Fury about what happened, then they checked on Seth who was in the medical wing. When they saw he was awake they made him tell them everything that happened on the balcony.

            "...Then this red guy with horns came through a portal and it got really hot, I passed out after he took Draca." Seth told them.

            "Then it is Surtur. I must take Loki back to be judged right away and to inform the Allfather of this development." Thor informed them.

            "Why, he's not going anywhere." Tony laughed.

            "I have important matters to discuss with my father."

            "At least come to Shwarma with us."

            "Alright."

            Thor went with them, hesitant at first, but as he was eating the food he forgot all about the problems he could soon be facing. When they got back to S.H.I.E.L.D. Thor muzzled his brother and put handcuffs on his wrist before following the others to a park, they handed him the tesseract which was in a container and gave his 'brother' one part of it, he was about to turn the handle so they could go home but Seth ran up to them.

            "Wait I'm coming with you."

            "Seth you must stay here." Thor said.

            "I need to find my sister. I can't do that from here."

            Thor nodded and told him to hang on before turning the handle and making all of them teleport off the realm. When they stopped Seth saw a large golden castle in front of them with a bridge of rainbows coming out of it and going of into the distance.

            "Come on we have to see my father about this, then we can search." Thor said as he walked away.

~~~~

            Draca tried not to pass out as Surtur carried her through Muspelheim, the heat didn't bother her but she was too weak to escape and go back to her friends. Her father sat her down on a flat rock and walked away, she tried to get up but stopped when he came back with a pale guy with long white hair.

            "Your kind is to awaken soon correct?" Surtur asked, although it was more of a statement.

            "Yes, I see you brought us the other weapon, where is the Aether?" The other one asked.

            "It is still lost."

            The pale man walked up to her and she now recognized him as a dark elf, which she and everyone else thought to be extinct. "Didn't Odin's father get rid of your kind?"

            "You wish he did, but if you ever want to see your brother and friends again then I suggest you do everything we tell you to... otherwise they die." 

Sequel is called Escaping Our Demons (Book 2.)