Page 1

The village streets are alive with the sound of Mineral Town. It's a place filled with much life compared to the silent echoes of the forest creatures in the valley, Mineral's streets are full of neighbourly chitchat whereas valley people keep to themselves, It's in the middle of nowhere. Mineral Town, for those who seek serenity in nature, has more spots for peace and quiet up Mineral Mountain than the far away city could possibly offer. Rumour is, a new arrival approaches Mineral Town. There are protective influences unknown to the town's people, eager to put this individual to the test, will he take over the farm and further Mineral's reputation for harvest and as a place of spirit and growth? They will guide him to be.

On the first day of spring awaits a farm with no owner.... until! a figure in the distance becomes clear, a meek lookin' young lad with brown hair, brown eyes dressed in blue dungarees and a cap is heading, backpack on shoulder and little pup by his side, towards the small wooden house on the empty farm. The young man gently strides through the entrance to the farmhouse confidently and then stops and silently stands next to the red mailbox, he smiles as he looks around, as if it had been a childhood home once and many summers were spent here long ago, by kids who could stay outdoors all day. A booming voice yells "Oi! You there" the young man startled and confused looks around to find a large man with a beard dressed in a top hat and coat that's red and fancy, stood firmly ready to confront him again "What are doing on this farm?.... I don't think you should be here.... You're not from Mineral Town are you? I'm expecting a young man to be here soon, he must about your age... say! Are you Pete?"

Pete smiled as he nodded his head with confirmation and said "Why yes I am, I'm Pete and I think I once spent a summer here with a relative of mine, I was little and my folks couldn't afford to take me on a vacation so they packed me up and brought me here to help out on this farm. I stayed with an old guy who looked after me, he was very kind and taught me a lot and he showed me how to do many things, the kind of things that he spent every day doing on the farm... but I don't remember much of what I was taught. I remember that I had a lot of fun in the barn, in the woods and right to the top of the mountain I'd climb and at the peak I'd watch the sunset until supper, I remember a little girl my age, in her play dress, sitting next to me and singing with me...she asked me to come back one day. I didn't keep my promise...until now."

"It was the happiest time of my life, of any kid's life. It was my adventure"sighed Pete. "Pete..." the large man said soppily "A relative?.... Don't you remember who that old man was?" "Not really...who was he? "replied Pete innocently.