-Prologue-

The Girl Who Danced Under the Rain

We all remember those days.

The days of innocence and purity, of the beautiful obliviousness of childhood. Juvia remembers them often. She was very different then; in fact, so much she has started to refer to herself in third person. It reminds her of who she used to be.

What happened to that girl?

What happened to the little bubble of kindness and joy? The girl who swam under the summer sun, picked the newly grown flowers of spring, rolled through hills of fall leaves and winter snow? The girl who was in sync with the world as if nature ran through her very veins? The girl who knew how to love, and how to be loved?

What happened to the girl who danced under the rain?

The Boy With a Heart of Ice

We all have regrets.

The ones that come to haunt you at night. The ones that hide away until you stumble upon them once again. He regrets everything, but not the way he's changed. He tries not to regret that. He tells himself it's better this way, it should be this way, this is the way it was meant to be.

Even when he knows it's not.

He knows it's wrong. He knows he shouldn't be like this. But he doesn't want to regret. He wants to look at these memories and smile at them. Smile at his cold, hard soul. Smile at how he is always alone. Smile at the times that were meant to be good. Supposed to be good. 

Smile at the boy with a heart of ice.