Chapter One

Someone order a DeathSteel reunion? :)

Enjoy chapter one, guys!

***

"Well, I'm just glad no one was seriously hurt," Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose, listening to Rene as he told him what happened to Pollard.

"How do you want to handle this?" Rene asked.

"I'd like you to issue a statement on my behalf," Oliver answered after a moment.

"On your behalf?" Rene repeated incredulously.

Oliver smirked. "I have an old friend in town that needs my help, and I might not be back in the office for a few hours. Do we have any idea who the shooter was targeting?"

"We're working on it," Rene promised. "Good news, though."

"I could use that," Oliver admitted.

He could hear Rene grin. "Supergirl gave Pollard a show today."

"Oh, did she?" Oliver's eyebrows shot up, and he grinned, too.

"Yes, she did. Spilled bullets all over the place and wished Pollard the best."

Oliver laughed. "What I would have given to see that."

"Dinah tells me it was the perfect moment."

"Yeah, I bet." Oliver looked up when he heard a knock on the door, then cleared his throat. "Um, be the mayor until I get back."

"For real?" Rene asked in shock.

"No," Oliver rolled his eyes, heading for the door. "It's a figure of speech. "But just – just don't make any laws while I'm out of the office, OK?"
"Fine," Rene conceded. "And don't worry about the shooter. We're gonna nail his ass."

"I know you will," Oliver smiled, hanging up and opening the door. Kara stood outside, bouncing on the balls of her feet, grinning from ear to ear. "Did Christmas come early?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"That would make my day," she said cheekily, making Oliver laugh and hug her. Kara sighed, hugging him back. "I think I needed to come here," she whispered, closing her eyes, still remembering what Eliza had told her. "It's been too long."

"It's only been three days, angel," Oliver reminded her.

"Still felt longer," Kara admitted.

Oliver kissed the top of her head. "You're welcome here any day."

"Good," Kara smiled, then tossed her bag on the floor and ran past him. "Slade!" she shouted in pure joy.

Oliver turned to see Slade stand from where he'd been sitting, and the older man chuckled and caught Kara when she launched right at him. "Hello, little one," he smiled.

"Do not ever go that long without calling again!" she ranted, lightly punching him in the shoulder before burying her face in his shoulder. "That was too long."

Slade blinked, then laughed and looked at Oliver. "Too long?"

"For her, yes," Oliver chuckled, happy at how pleased they were to see the other.

"So," Kara plopped down on another chair, looking excited. "What's happened?"

"Well, first off," Slade sat back down as well, Oliver across from him, leaving Kara in the middle. "Thank you both for coming."

"You helped me find my son, not to mention everything you've done for me since then," Oliver shook his head. "Least I can do is help you find Joe."