Chapter Five

Wow, this took longer to write than I thought . . . welcome back to college for me, I guess.

It's Black Canary vs Vigilante, Kara gets some bad news in Kasnia, and the group decide on their next course of action.

Enjoy chapter five!

***

"OK," Dinah walked up to her police officers. "Every single person in that line is IDed twice. You got it? I don't care if it's your mother. And I want two officers at every emergency exit, and I need somebody to move this car!"

The officers nodded, and Dinah turned around, nearly running into Watson. "Lieutenant Drake," she smirked. "Good to see you again."

Dinah glowered as Watson and her agents walked right through the line of police officers, grinding her teeth.

***

"All right, we're nearly ready to move on the news station," Dig told Felicity as he walked up, Alex texting on her phone. "Dinah's already on site."

"Copy," Felicity nodded, chewing on her tongue.

Dig paused, seeing the stony look on Alex's face. "Who won rock paper scissors to tell you about Watson?"

"I'm very good at coaxing it out of people," Alex brushed it off. "And as you can tell, I'm not exactly happy."

"No, I wouldn't be, either," Dig shook his head. "Kara's going to have fun telling that to the guys."

"No kidding," Alex nodded absently.

"Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that we can actually discuss Malcolm Merlyn and Slade Wilson without having disgust in our voices?" Felicity wondered.

"No," Alex answered.

"Yes," Dig said at the same time.

"Right," Felicity clicked her tongue. "Just checking."

"Guys, we got a problem," Dinah's voice said.

"If I had a nickel for every time I heard that," Felicity sighed.

"Listen, I'm gonna need you to stand down, OK? Do not come here."

"Dinah, we're not standing down," Dig frowned. "We're not leaving you out there alone."

"Well, I'm not alone," Dinah said bitterly. "Agent Watson is here, and she brought friends."

"She's hoping the Green Arrow will show up," Felicity guessed.

"Or Supergirl," Alex fumed.

"Look, you guys stay put, OK?" Dinah said. "I got this."

Dig and Felicity exchanged glances, and Alex sighed as she put her phone to her ear.

***

A beeping from Malcolm's tablet stopped the man from slipping on his gloves. He walked over to look at what was running, then muttered something in Arabic that had the three others in the room looking at him. "So, I've been trying to find any intel on these Jackals," he told them. "I've been hacking the databases of every major intelligence agency in the world. Guess what I've found."

"Nothing," Oliver sighed.

"Exactly," Malcolm nodded. "These guys are ghosts. Kind of impressive, actually."

"Well, that's no help," Slade snorted from where he finished holstering his guns.

"Nope," Malcolm agreed.