Brunch

"Stripes or floral?" Isabella asked Dax, as she held up two dresses.

"Stripes make things look bigger so floral. But it doesn't really matter. You're beautiful no matter what you're wearing." Dax said as he kissed her cheek.

"I don't know why I'm going but I guess I'll hear her out."

"This brunch is an apology."

Isabella was now seven months pregnant and the whole 'Dax's drunken night with Melanie' had blown over, and they were on good terms again. Melanie hadn't got the chance to apologize to them both yet so she invited them to brunch with her and Glenn so she could.

An hour or so later Dax and Isabella were ready to leave Dax was wearing a baby blue button up shirt, with a white tie, white slacks, white loafers, shades on his face, and a white gold Rolex watch, and his hair was neatly combed down. Isabella was wearing a pink and white floral dress, pink stiletto heals, diamond earrings and a diamond bracelet, and her hair was curled all over. They dressed like this all the time. Isabella always wore and dress, and Dax always wore a tie.

When they arrived at the location Melanie had given them their eyes widened.

"Melanie lives here?" Isabella asked.

"I guess."

"I'm surprised it's not Dracula's castle." Isabella joked.

"Be nice." Dax told her.

They parked in the drive way of a two story white house, with picket fence, there was a garden with bright red and blue flowers, the house wasn't huge but the yard was.

Dax and Isabella walked hand in hand towards the door. When they reached the door Dax rand the bell. The door quickly opened to see Melanie in a yellow sun dress. Her brown hair was shorter, and for the first time he looked happy.

"Hi! Welcome. Come in, come in." Melanie said as she motioned for them to come in. "Glenn get in here!"

Glenn came rushing down the stairs. He was kind of muscular and he had short blonde hair. He was actually quite handsome. He walked over to Melanie and grabbed her waist.

"Dax, Isabella this is Glenn. Glenn this is Isabella and Dax."

"Glenn!" Isabella said surprised.

"Isabella!" Glenn chuckled. "I haven't seen you since..."

"Since I quit. Yeah. Umm woah you look different." Isabella smiled. Dax was now holding her waist much tighter.

"You do too!" Glenn said as he pointed to her stomach.

"You two know each other?" Melanie asked.

"Yeah babe, we used to work with each other back at the firm. She was like the only friend I had. It's good to see you again Bell." Glenn said as he hugged her.

"Alright so who's ready to eat?" Melanie asked cheerfully.

She led everyone out back to her patio and they all sat down and ate brunch. They made small talk. Dax and Glenn mainly talked about cars. While Melanie and Isabella decided they'd take a wlak through the garden path in the back. As soon as Melanie and Isabella were gone Dax changed the subject.

"So you and Isabella know each other." Dax stated.

"Yeah she was my manager at the firm we used to work at, she was also my only friend. I relocated here a while back I didn't know too many people, and she took me under her wing. She has to be the most caring woman I know. So treat her right, that last dirt bag didn't."

"You- you knew about him?" Dax asked shifting in his seat.

"Yeah, she came to work with new bruises every other day. Eventually he threatened me and forced me to cut our friendship off. She didn't want me to get hurt so she stopped talking to me. I kept trying to get her out of that relationship, but caged her up in that house all day. A few weeks later she quit, I haven't seen her until now."

"She has been through a lot." Dax agreed quietly.

"Too much, she's a good person. She doesn't deserve all that's happened to her.

"I know. And I make it my duty to make sure she's happy."

"Good. She deserves to be happy." Glenn said as he sipped his orange juice.

Meanwhile Melanie and Isabella were having a conversation of their own.

"So how's life been treating you?" Isabella asked.

"Good! Glenn is a really good guy. I'm happy with him."

"He's a keeper."

"That he is. So how is the pregnancy?"

"Good! I was a little scared at first though." Isabella replied.

"Why?"

"I don't know I just...didn't want to turn into my father. My father treated me much better than he did my sister, and she's hated me for it ever since. I didn't know if I'd love them more than Dylan or if I'd love them equally. But then I took one look at that little boy, and I knew he was my son. I might not have given birth to him but he's mine. And my love for him will never die." Isabella smiled.

"I'm sorry. For all I put you and Dax through. I tried to come between real happiness and I regret that everyday. I don't know what I'd do if some skank came in between Glenn and I. And Dax has been my friend since I was a toddler, and I wasn't even there for his wedding because of my stupidity. But I want to make it up to you."

"How so?"

"Well when Dax fired me I realized finance just wasn't for me. I'm a party planner now!"

"Really? That's great!" Isabella exclaimed.

"And I want to help plan your baby shower, as a peace offering."

"That'd be great." Isabella smiled.

"Come on. Let's get back to the guys before they start a riot.

A few minutes later they were back at the patio, and they took their seats at the table.

"So Dax."

"Yeah sweetie."

"Melanie is a party planner now and she's going to plan the baby shower." Isabella explained.

"You're a party planner!" Dax said stating the obvious.

"Yup! Finance just wasn't my cup of tea."

"It is a good thing that I fired you! See there's this annual fundraiser and all the proceeds go to this charity that I donate to. I'm not good at planning anything! Perfect example, I didn't plan to get her pregnant."

Isabella slapped his arm.

"But it's the best thing that's ever happened to us." Dax said as he kissed her hand. "It's an auction though. I was thinking maybe you could plan that too. We can talk payment-"

Melanie cut Dax off. "I'll only do it for free."

They all looked at Melanie like she was crazy.

"I'll plan your baby shower and I'll plan your fundraiser for free. And we can wipe the slate clean."

Melanie really was a changed person. She was nicer, happier, and she really wanted to help her friend out. Even if they hadn't fully forgiven her.

AN: well since Isabella is seven months pregnant now, this book is coming to and end. I'll probably be done with it by this weekend. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK! :)

xoxo pinktie