The Lake

That week went by fast for Isabella. She was really excited for her weekend away with Dax. She didn't know where he was taking her, she hoped it wasn't anywhere fancy.

Isabella and Dylan were sitting in her bedroom that Thursday night waiting for Dax to come home. Well Dylan had drifted off to sleep, so Isabella was waiting by herself. A few minutes later she heard movement downstairs she knew it was Dax so she jumped up to meet him at the door.

Dax opened the door to see Isabella waiting for him.

"Hey babe." He said as he hugged her.

"Hey."

"Where's Dylan?"

"He's asleep upstairs.''

"He is?" Dax said smiling as he kissed her lips gently.

She lightly pushed his chest. "Yup, and he's going to wake up any minute now."

"Did you pack for tomorrow?"

"Oh, darn I forgot."

"Bell!" Dax complained.

"I will! I will as soon as Dylan eats his dinner and goes to bed."

"My mother is coming to pick him up tonight." He was struggling to take his tie off so Isabella began to untie it herself. Dax watched her closely, everything she did made him fall more and more in love with her.

"He's leaving tonight? Well I'll have to pack his bag, and tell him goodbye, and-"

"Isabella calm down. He's going to his grandmother's, not off to college." Dax laughed.

"Yeah, you're right. I still need to pack his bag for him." Isabella replied.

"I'll do that. You go pack your bag."

"What kind of clothes should I bring?" She asked.

"You'll look beautiful in anything." Dax said with a wink.

Thirty minutes later Maria was there to pick Dylan up. Dax and Isabella kissed him goodbye, as he left. They waved goodbye to Maria and Dylan as they pulled out of the drive way. When Isabella closed the door she was surprised as Dax pinned her up against the door, and grabbed her waist. He stared into her eyes for a long time before he finally spoke.

"Tomorrow will special. I can promise you that. No interruptions, no work, just me and you." he said smiling at her.

"I hope so." she replied.

"I'm going to go take a shower okay?"

Dax went upstairs to take a shower, and when he went into his room he noticed it smelled like vanilla, and there was only one person he knew that smelled like vanilla...Isabella. So he began to smile. He walked over to his bed. Dax grabbed a pillow and smelled it, he noticed it too smelled like Isabella. His smile began to grow wide, because he loved the way Isabella smelled. Dax walked over to the bathroom, he was still sniffing the pillow. Dax realized he couldn't bring the pillow in the bathroom so he ran back over and placed it on the bed.

When Dax got out of the shower he saw Isabella sitting on his bed reading a book. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist as he watched her read. A few seconds later she looked up to see Dax watching her.

"Dax have you ever heard of clothes?" She said covering her eyes.

"And I thought you were beginning to get use to me being half naked." he began to fan himself, " This towel is making my hot." Dax said as he began to slowly take the towel off.

Isabella didn't speak she just stared at him.

"Oh my gosh Bell! Are you watching me? You're so perverted!" Dax said covering up trying to make it seem like he was innocent.