18; take

woops I forgot to update sORRY LOVES ♡

Jimin is laughing.

Jimin is laughing and walking in front of him, bathed in the glow of the sun haloing behind him. My sunshine. Hoseok follows, stepping carefully on the pebble path, awestruck. He never thought he’d see Jimin laugh again, eyes turned into crescents, full lips stretched around bright teeth.

Hoseok glances behind himself. Sejun stands there on the path, watching them. He raises a hand and waves.

“Don’t look back,” Jimin says. He’s not laughing anymore. “Don’t look back. Look at me.”

Hoseok wakes from the dream with a strange sort of peace settling over him.

-

Jimin has always told himself he doesn’t know what love feels like but he thinks he’s known all along.

Two months have passed since the last time he saw Hoseok, but Jimin sees him everywhere. He sees him laughing in the corner of his eye. He sees him sitting at the table of Jimin’s new place, asking what kind of disgusting smoothie Jimin’s making this time. Who the fuck puts kale in a smoothie? He sees him standing at the counter of his favorite café trying to decide what sandwich to get, as if he doesn’t always get the same one. But most of all he sees him standing in the doorway, tired and broken and lost. Don’t go.

He knows where Hoseok lives. He still has Hoseok’s number saved in his phone. It would be easy to call, easy for Hoseok to call him. He remembers how good it felt to come home to each other every day, to find comfort in each other’s presence. But they can’t depend on each other to feel better forever.

Jimin doesn’t call because he has to help himself before he can fix their relationship.

He doesn’t know why Hoseok doesn’t call.