Chapter 4

The next day at school, I was so anxious for 3rd hour. That's the class I have with Marcus, the boy that I really like even though I've never talked to him.

The bell that ended 2nd hour finally rang. It's about time!

I went to my locker, which was next to my friend Morgan.

"Today's the day I'm finally going to talk to Marcus."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you can't say anything that will ruin this, ok?"

"Ok, don't worry Monica I won't."

Morgan was really bad at keeping secrets, especially when it came to boys. That's why I never really told her any of my deep dark secrets, they would've spread through the school like a wild fire.

I got to class early, and Morgan came in soon after and she took her seat next to me. She had a big grin on her face.

"What are you so happy about?"

"You're welcome." she whispered.

Just then, Marcus and his best friend Steve walked in.

"Monica." He called out my name. Honestly, I didn't think he actually knew my name.

I got up and stood in front of him.

"Hey Marcus." I blushed.

"Morgan told me that you liked me.. is that true?"

I wanted to die. I couldn't believe she told him that fast.

Steve laughed a little. I gave him a dirty look and he stopped.

"Well." I said, continuing to blush.

"Because I don't like you back, get that through your head. Stop stalking me and stop obsessing over me."

That hurt me. I couldn't believe it. It was like a dagger went through my heart.

Without saying anything, I turned around and went back to my desk.

"What happened? Why are you upset?"

"It's all because of you Morgan, I hate you." I whispered, trying not to draw any more attention to myself. I was humiliated.

"I thought he asked you out?" she said, "I asked him if he thinks you're cute and he said yeah, so I hinted at him that he should ask you out."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was smiling and everything, he said he was going to ask you out before class, then when I walked away, I heard him and Steve laugh."

I looked over at Marcus. "I think he was being sarcastic, I'm sorry I said I hated you. I was just mad."

"It's cool, don't worry."

The bell rang and class started. That's the last I ever talk to Marcus.