Chapter 19 (Thank you)

(Y/n's pov)

I have no idea where Maurice is or when he's going to be back. I know he lied about where he had to be, but it didn't anger me. Since right before he left he wanted to take me somewhere. I'm actually excited.

I'm sitting on the couch and watching TV when the front door opens. Maurice walked in with a grin on his face. "Are you ready?" he asked. I smile at him and nod, getting up.

I had already got ready and changed my clothes, knowing I was going somewhere tonight. We walked out of the house and through the Underworld.

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask, smirking softly at Maurice. "It's a surprise," he answered, looking at me. "I know you're going to love it."

I smile to myself as I think of what it could be. Maurice grabs my hand slowly and grips it gently. His hand is rough and big. I like it.

We walk up the steps to a bedroom. Maurice helps me up before climbing into the room himself. "Is this it?" I ask, looking around. "Nope. We're almost there though."

Maurice leads me out of the bedroom and into the backyard. "This better me good," I mumble as we walk through a feild.

After a bit of walking we stop at a cliff with waves crashing at the bottom. "Is this is part where you push me off?" I ask, looking over at Maurice.

Maurice grins at me and takes me hand, leading me to another cliff that is directly over the ocean. On the edge there's a blanket, boom box with a cassette in it, a pizza box and a case of beer.

I grin wide at what I see and look over to Maurice who is smiling at me. "This is why you were gone?" I ask, turning my body to him. He nods softly. "Yeah."

"I knew it wasn't 'helping your friend'," I chuckle. "I didn't want it to be fancy, but I also wanted to also show you that can plan something that you would like," Maurice started to ramble which made me snicker a bit.

As Maurice is talking, I wrap my arms around his neck and smile up at him. He slowly stops, realizing what I was doing. "I love it, Maurice," I say softly.

Maurice smiles happily and hugs me tightly. I close my eyes and take in the moment.

After we pull away, I hold onto Maurice's hand and lead him to the blanket. We sit down with out legs dangling off of the cliff.

"God damn, that's high," I breath out as I look over the edge, looking at the waves. "What, you need me to hold you?" Maurice teases.  

I shake my head and lean back a bit. "Nah, I ain't no pussy," I say which makes Maurice laugh.

Maurice lifts the top of the pizza box and pulls out two slices of pizza, handing me one. "Still warm," I say and take a bite out of the pizza.

I look over to see that Maurice has already devoured his pizza. "Hot," I mention and he nods at me. "I know," he says with a burp.

Two beers, three slices of pizza each, a conversation about weed and dogs, and 10 songs later, Maurice and I were now laying on the blanket and shouting lyrics of the song Baby, I Love Your Way by Big Mountain and Tom Lord-Alge.

This is the best date. God, save me.

Maurice sighs contently as the song fades away. He sits up and hovers over me, propped up by his elbow.

"I love hanging out with you, especially like this," Maurice says, looking into my eyes. I smile softly at him and rest my hands on my stomach.  "Me too. I think you're the only person I've ever meant that I can have this much fun with," I admit which makes Maurice smile brightly.

Maurice looks down at his hands and fidgets with the beer can in his hands. "Will y-" he begins to say, but I interrupt him, "Yes," I say with a bright smile.

Maurice looks up at me and chuckles. "You don't even know what I was going to ask," he says with a smirk. "It's pretty obvious," I say with a cheeky grin. "You really out did yourself. I think it's about time I stop the chase."

"Thank you for that," Maurice says and leans towards me a bit. "I want to show you that I'm willing to go out of my way to make you happy," he says softly while grinning. I smile back and lean up, kissing him softly. I make sure to make it passionate, showing him how much I appreciate his effort.

I slowly back away and open my eyes. "Thank you," I say softly with my hand on his face.

Maurice nods softly and kisses me softly again. I kiss back before turning towards the horizon. The sun was starting to rise. We did come here a little late, but I didn't know this much time passed. Maybe we did more things and I just blacked out or something.

"Shit," Maurice mumbles before standing up. "Let's go. Quick." He extends his hand for me. I take it and he pulls me up. I take the cassette out of the boom box and start jogging to the house with Maurice. Fuck everything else. I can steal them at some kid's house.

We get to the kid's room and drop back into the Underworld. "10 mintues into dating and we almost die," Maurice huffs. "I think it went pretty well," I shrug and smirk softly.

(A/n)

I think I'm going to put a classic song from 1996 or earlier in each chapter. If it's mentioned in the story or not, it will most likey be at the top. I wasn't able to find the one mentioned earlier.