Two Of Us

It's a sunny morning at Rio. It's Monday so the streets are busy. They don't have time to look at each others.
In spite of everybody running, the city is showing it's beauty in its own way.

"Hey Delphine, wake up. I made coffee." When the blanket fell off of her by the quick and mischivious hands of Cosima, Delphine stared at her for a few seconds with her half closed eyes. "I have to go to the clinic after 2pm today. I can sleep for a couple more hours." Delphine told Cosima  with her sweet and sleepy voice. Cosima didn't say anything. She just grabbed the blanket that Delphine was about to pull back and wrapped it around both of them and slowly kissed on Delphine's lips. "Don't you dare be so cute in the morning" Cosima whispered. 

Ever since they left Canada to the mission of curing all clones all over the world, this has been an everyday story. But sometimes they do wake up even at 5 in the morning for some emergency cases and also for official works, meetings etc. That day both of them took off a little early. They had to visit separate places. "Cos, I will meet you at Cafeina CopaII at 5." Delphine said in hurry. "Ok babe". They both left.

Delphine have to deal with all Brazilian people today without Cosima. She knows Portuguese but not so well. But she is confident anyway. She can nail any situation.  As she was thinking all these while looking  outside the glass of the cab she saw a Brazilian Pepper Tree standing tall outside of a house. She likes these trees so much. She imagines sometimes her and Cosima sitting underneath a tree like This, just talking. Specially when she misses her. "madame, chegamos ao seu destino" the driver stopped the cab as she reached the clinic. she realised  that time flied when all these lazy thoughts were crossing her mind. She paid the driver and went in.

Today she was suppose to treat Jenny Oliveira. She's an architect and lives in Rio. She wears glasses. For a moment Delphine smiled on her own seeing how similar she looks to Cosima except for the dreads. She wore a black skirt with white blouse. She was looking attractive. When Delphine walked In, they both smiled and shook hands with each others. Surprisingly she was fluent in English. "So who's the magical person that keeps their identity hidden after discovering the cure of this death disease?" Jenny smiled. "A magician who steal hearts of millions from behind the curtain." Delphine joked. "Camon why can't you tell me Delphine?   I promise, I'm a good secret keeper." They both laughed and Delphine smartly changed the subject.
They talked about Jenny's life while treating her. How she realised as she grew up that she was adopted but her parents were very caring and loving. They live in Germany now. After prescribing some meds Delphine found a piece of paper on her table. "You seem like you can be a very interesting friend. If you feel like you can give me a call sometime. I promise I won't bore you." She laughed and waved as she left the clinic. Delphine was so busy. She put the paper in her lab coat. She finished her remaining works soon and booked a cab to Cafeina Copa.

Cosima was there already. "Wow! It must be my lucky day. You're here before time". Delphine said. "I was missing you. And also cause I finished my work early." As they ordered coffee and some snacks, Cosima said "babe, we have to leave early. Sarah found someone who's in bad shape. If we don't treat her now she might not survive." "But we're not done with Jenny yet. If we leave her in the mid way we might have to start from zero. It won't be good for her." Delphine explained.
-"But she's dying Delphine and Jenny seems rich and ready to do absolutely anything to get cured. We can take her with us for a couple of weeks. "
-"I don't know if she would agree. Ok I'll talk to her."
-"Ok let me give her number."
-" Cosima, I already have it. She gave me today."
-"whoa, I'm jealous now.

It was rather surprising that Jenny actually agreed. But Delphine and Cosima have to leave before as Jenny needs some times to get her visa done.

"I feel like I need to be with you more." Cosima said looking into Delphine's eyes at the dinner table as a beautiful melody was playing at the restaurant. Brazilian folk song may be. But the melody had a mesmerizing power to make people fall in love so easily.  "Let's go for a vacation after we're done curing Jenny and this new girl." Delphine said as she sipped into the wine glass.
As they decided to take a break for a while, they came back to hotel room and started packing bags as they have to leave next day. "You know, Jenny kinda looks like you".
-"really? But there's only one Cosima who loves you".
-"of course. Only my Cosima."

That night they talked to Jenny and ensured every arrangement in Toronto. That morning Delphine received a "happy journey" message from Jenny. After texting "thanks" back she gave a morning kiss to Cosima then quickly got ready and checked out to catch a flight.