Chapter 18: Friends

Mulai dari awal

I hmph-ed, then started for the house whilst Naruto following me, apologizing vehemently.

----

"Come on!" Naruto pleaded. "I'll treat you to Ichiraku Ramen! Believe it!"

I glared half-heartedly. "No."

"But, Aya-chan!" he cried, anime tears flowing down his face.

"No, and that's final," I declared, crossing my arms in a defiant manner. "And Kakashi's late, as usual...."

We were now at Konoha's gate, waiting for our silver-haired teacher who was late. Again.

I yawned heavily. Sheesh. I want to go already!

"Whoa," someone said behind me. "This is a funny bunch!"

I turned and was met by Asuma's team, Team 5. It was Asuma who spoke.

I grinned at Em and Blaze, then walked towards them.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted. "You going on a mission, too?"

Em nodded in a very un-Em way.

I frowned a little, confused. Wasn't Em supposed to be happy that she was going to leave the village and probably sight-see?

"Hey, Em?" I started. "What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be excited?"

"She's scared," a certain blonde-haired bitch stated.

I glanced at Em, sure that she was going to react, but.... she didn't.

My frowned deepened. Okay.... There definitely is something wrong here. I glanced at Blaze and Em again to see that they were a little distant from the others. Their faces were lined with worry and deep thinking, which was normal for Blaze, but not Em.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked. "Normally you wouldn't be like this, Em."

She sighed, then looked at me, her eyes were telling me something. "We're going on a mission, Al," she answered, not even bothering to hide my name.

I tipped my head to the side. "So?"

From beside her, I heard Blaze sigh. "Alice, aren't you going on a mission yourself?"

My face scrunched up in confusion. "Yeah...." I jumped as I remembered something. "Oh, yeah! I remember!" I scooted closer to them. "Hey, guys! I have news! We're doing a different mission than normal. I don't why, but we are."

Em chuckled darkly. "Yeah, I kinda figured that out earlier."

"What?" I asked, more than confused. What is she going on about?

But before she could answer, someone interrupted.

"Oh, who's this?" A somewhat familiar voice asked.

I turned around and froze, my heart beating fast. In front of my eyes stood a familiar person with grey hair and dorky spectacles. Then suddenly, everything clicked.

"No!" I shouted beside myself. I couldn't believe it. Blade and Em can't go on this mission! They just can't!

"My first reaction exactly," Em muttered beside me.

I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me, and the look she gave made my heart break.

"But," she started, smiling a sad smile. "maybe a miracle'll happen. After all, we can't always be pessimistic." She walked towards her teammates.

My mouth gaped in disbelief at her back. No! This shouldn't be happening! And why does her tone sound like she's saying goodbye? I can't let this happen!