Chapter 17: A New Mission

I bolted upright, sweat drenching my clothes and making my bangs stick to my forehead. Blood pounded in my ears as my heart hammered on my ribs. Breathing heavily, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and closed my eyes.

What was that dream about? A boy? Red? What?

I shook my head, blinking away the remnants of the almost forgotten dream. Or was it just a dream? Was it like the night before? When the dream was a memory?

I sighed then ruffled my hair in frustration. What in the fucking hell! I seriously need to get a brain transplant!

Frickin' nightmares....
-----
I yawned heavily as I walked towards the Hokage building. It was a clear day today, the sun was shining with all its heating glory, trying to make my complexion darker, but failing miserably so.

I sighed. Ugh! I hate the sun! It's so.... sunny. I always feel dirty and drenched whenever the sun is out. That's why I never really liked the sun.

Yeah, I hate the sun....

I chuckled at my weird thoughts and walked towards the doors of the building.

The Hokage called for us Team 7 today, said there was a mission or something. I sighed heavily as I remembered what kind of mission he'll be giving us.

Chores.

Just yesterday, we were helping an old lady pick some weeds from her garden. As usual, Naruto was beaten up because of his stupidity.

"Excuse me?" a voice called behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked around and saw that I was almost at the building's upper floor where the old man's office was located. Huh, guess I was really out of it then....

A cough.

I turned around and was met by sparkles so bright I had to cover my eyes for protection.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed. "Who put the sun here?"

Another cough.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked at the sun-like light seeing.... Gai.

And his team.

For a moment, I froze, looking at them with awed wonder. Inwardly, I could feel the fan-girl inside me try to surface, but I fought it, shouting curses and threats in my mind. A squeal was building in my throat and I had to swallow it down a few times to talk properly.

"Oh. My. God!" I squealed.

Fan-girl won.

I ran towards Lee first with top-speed, then squeezed him into a hug.

"Ohmagod! Ohmagod!" I chanted. "I am such a big fan!" I released him while jumping up and down. "My name's Al---Ayame! Nice to meet you!" I grinned then clutched his hand in a death grip, shaking it like there's no tomorrow.

Lee seemed shook his head as if to snap out of it, then he grinned. But before he could say anything, I heard the annoying cough again.

"Whoever the hell is sick today, keep it down!" I shouted at no one in particular. "Die somewhere else please! Do not ruin this day for me!"

"Die.... somewhere else?" A voice that was all too familiar asked.

I whipped my head around and was met by the sight of my family's enemy (Somehow, I've accepted the fact that I was part of this world now).

I grinned. "Well, if it wasn't Neji, my favorite enemy."

Maybe it was the sun (Yeah, I still hate the sun), maybe it was the ramen I ate this morning (Pfft! Yeah, right. It's the sun), but I swear I thought I saw him crack a small smile. It disappeared, though, before I could take a good look.