Chapter 13: The Hyūga Clan

The huge building stared down at me. Its walls looked old but they stood strong. A door made of wood stood about eight feet before me. I opened the door and was met with the srong scent of books and dust.

Inside, shelves lined the walls full of books. Books about science, history, weapons, and other ninja stuff were arranged properly in alphabetical order in each shelf.

I took a deep breath, the familiar scent of papers and books filled my nostrils. I walked inside and turned left. Books of many kinds filled every wall, leaving no room for space.

I sighed. This is going to be a long day.
-----
I yawned, completely drained. A tall pile of books was on my left, waiting for it to be read. So far, I've learned nothing of importance yet, although I learned that the Uchiha clan is one of the most popular clans here in Konoha, because almost every book I read has mentioned them once or twice.

I groaned, getting frustrated. It's been an hour and a half already and I still haven't got anything!

I heard a cough behind me. I turned and saw a face I thought I'd only see in the future.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Excuse me, but can I borrow that book you are holding?" Neji said.

I looked at the book. It was about taijutsu, ninjutsu and genjutsu. I closed it and handed it over to him. "Yeah, sure, Neji." I turned and grabbed another book from the pile.

It was another one about the Uchihas. I groaned again. Why the hell are the Uchihas so popular?! I hit my head on the desk. Please anything, I'll do anything, just give me a clue.

A cough. "Um, excuse me?"

I turned and saw that Neji was still there. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I give the wrong one?"

"Actually, no. I wanted to ask you how you knew my name." He asked.

What? Oh, his name. His name. HIS NAME! Oh shit! A slip-up. "Uh, I know a lot of things..." I repeated what I said before.

He seemed suspicious. "Prove it."

My eye twitched, considering the fact that I've been here for a time now and still not finding anything, I'm really on a bad mood. "Why do you want to know so badly? You afraid I'll haunt you in your sleep?"

He looked taken aback. "No. I was just curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." I said, feeling a sudden urge to be rude to him.

"What cat?" He asked, confused.

I sighed, frustrated. "Just... just... Ugh!" I massaged my temples. "Sorry, I'm not really on a good mood today."

I heard a shuffling beside me. I looked up and saw that Neji was seated on a chair looking at me with a bored look.

"How so?" He asked, a hint of curiosity laced in his tone.

I shrugged. "Just tired."

He nodded. "Were you here since morning?"

I looked at him, confused on why he's talking to me. I mean, Neji wasn't supposed to be this kind, not until the chunin exams.

"Um, no. I was here only this afternoon."

"Oh, I see." He then turned to me. "May I ask what you're looking for?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Something is really wrong here.

"May I ask why you're talking to me?" I said sound really mean, although I didn't intend to.