Chapter 33 - Beach House

Start from the beginning

"There she is!" Jake exclaimed, smiling at her, and Ava giggled, looking deep into his eyes. My heart flipped in complete love and happiness like it did whenever I saw the two of them together.

I stood beside them and pinched my daughter's cheek gently then kissed the soft, flawless skin.

"I'm going to miss you, baby girl." I said, smiling at her as she was held in her daddy's arms. She giggled, then burst out in full baby laughter when Jake kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to miss you too, Ava." He said softly.

"Are you guys going or not?" My mom asked, sounding rather amused.

"Right." Jake said, smiling happily as he set Ava down in her baby mobile. Each of us gave her a last kiss goodbye. Then I kissed my mom and jugged her, Jacob followed suit.

We were out and in his car in just a few seconds, on our way to the family beach house in Miami.

+++

Jake swooped me into his arms upon entering the beach house while I laughed the whole way. He set me down on my feet where I could look at the beautiful house around me. It was decorated poshly in warm pastel colors, classy and comfortably furnished, and outlooking the beautiful South Beach ocean.

"Wow." I murmured in amazement, still pondering over how wonderful the place was in all its simplicity. The last time I had been here was when Jacob and I were just best friends and that seemed like so long ago, so impossible and strange. I couldn't imagine my life without him the way he was.

Jake chuckled beside me as he placed our bags on the floor.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Jake asked and I eagerly nodded my head, causing him to chuckle even more. "Come on." Jake said, taking my hand and guiding me to the tall window that gave the best view of the ocean.

I looked out beyond the glass, eager to feel the sun on my skin and have the sand graze between my toes, to inhale the soft sea air and dive into the warm water.

"Want to go in?" Jake asked me, interrupting my daydream of paradise. I looked up into his warm eyes, wanting nothing more than to do anything at his side.

"I do." I said and Jake smiled that dazzling smile of his.

"Alright then. How about I give you some time to get ready and I wait for you outside?" He suggested and I nodded in agreement.

"I'll be quick." I said and we smiled at each other before I left to the bathroom. I quickly slipped on the strapless blue bikini and let my hair down naturally, wavy, against my shoulders and back. That was it, simple and easy. Finished, I walked out of the bathroom and exited the back of the house, into the patio, and down the sandy beach. My eyes immediately went to Jacob's swimming form, dashing in and out of the water with graceful strokes that made his back's muscles move rapidly. He was truly beautiful with the way the dim late afternoon sun hit his brown hair, making it look caramel colored and almost blonde, touching his tanned skin and making it gleam softly.

Then Jacob stopped swimming and stood up, shaking his hair savagely, the water coming up to the beginning of his torso.

When Jacob saw me, his eyes lit up and I could see the way they shined even from a distance. That distance felt too long as I stood on the shore so I started moving to him, my body taking the soft waves as they hit me in a soothing way, already calm and tired because it was already nearing the end of the day, the sun setting behind the man I loved.

**********************************************************************************************************

I let my body take in the warm water as I swam slowly to him. Then I lifted my head above the water to see him looking down at me with those eyes of his. Jake put his hands on my hips and brought me forward, pressing our bodies together as he supported me with a strong hand on the small of my back. Looking up at him, our bodies so close, a surge of heat and desire left me weak and wanting. When Jacob captured my mouth with his it felt as if I'd dissolve into the water surrounding us but I didn't because I knew all too well what I would lose if I did.