Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses

Hello, lovelies! You good? I hope so! Anyways, here's a chapter that I really enjoyed writing. I hope you like it and please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you do! I really appreciate it and it motivates me write more, guys. Thanks for reading and I hope you like it. Tell me what you think. (:

___________________________________________________________________________

~8 Months Pregnant~

I was colossal, bloated, and extremely huge as I sat down in my couch, tired and bored. Mom was at work and Jake had gone out with some friends. I had nearly dragged him out of my bedroom so he would finally spend some time with his dude friends, Tommy, Jay and Omar, the new addition to the group of friends that Jake had met in the new high school. He really liked it there and he said he couldn’t wait for me to join him. I must say I had gotten just a wee it jealous when he said that he needed me there to keep the girls away from him. I had thrown a little fit and he just laughed, saying he was partly joking. Partly.

So as I rolled a little bouncy ball over my belly, my phone vibrated beside me. I picked it up and saw Kayla’s name. We had grown quite close in the last month since I had seen her and we had rekindled our friendship on a much better foundation. One I never had with Erica. I was glad to have a female friend going through the same things as me to talk to because Erica and I had drifted apart in the last few months. I guess you could say that that was my fault because I had been the one to disappear and avoid her but I didn’t feel that gnawing guilt in me either. Erica just wasn’t someone who’s friendship was compatible with mine, our personalities way too different. We could never have survived past high school and I was somehow too old for her childish games and annoying party habits. It just wasn’t me. I very much preferred to watch a movie with Kayla and be around my boyfriend or my mom. Call me a dork. 

I read the text message and instantly smiled. I guess I wouldn’t have to be alone too long. Kayla was coming over and she said there’d be no excuses on my part since it was saturday and she wanted to hang out. I gladly agreed. 

About twenty or so minutes later, a knock thudded on my door. I made sure to watch out the door, still feeling that fading twinge of fear and paranoia at being completely alone, and smiled when I saw Kayla’s face. I quickly opened the door and Kayla and I embraced each other in an awkward pregnant woman hug.

We laughed.

“Oh, those hugs just never get boring!” She exclaimed, laughing.

“Tell me about it.” I chuckled and opened the door wider to let her in. I closed the door behind me and locked it. 

“So what have you been doing and how come that boyfriend of yours isn’t here?” She asked, looking confused before sitting on my couch and rubbing her ankles with a happy sigh. I chuckled. I definitely knew the feeling.

“I practically forced him to leave me alone and hang out with the guys.” I answered, smiling at Kayla.

“Ev? Come here.” She said, patting the seat on the couch beside her. I went to her and sat down.

“Yeah?” I asked, changing the channel of the television. She took a while to answer.

“I want to tell you something. I’ve never told anyone before because I’ve never felt comfortable enough. No one would have understood. Not even my mother. But we’ve become closer the past month and I feel really comfortable around you and I can’t help but feel I can trust you. So can you tell me what you think as I babble to you?” She asked sheepishly with a smile on her face that I instantly returned.

“Of course, Kay. You know you can tell me anything.” I said, taking her hand and giving it a tight squeeze before letting go. I wondered if she was going to tell me about how she got pregnant because she never really had before and I had never pressed on further, knowing how annoying that was.