Chapter 15 - Children At Heart

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

Okay, so this chapter is just relaxing and happy. I wanted to do that. Include a chapter that was just romantic, funny, loose, and plain fun. I know I had fun writing it so maybe that's a good sign. Haha. I wanted to write something like this because the story will be getting really meaningful and eventful within the next chapter? Yeah, something like that. So I hope you like it and please vote, comment, and fan! Thank you! (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was in my room and fixing myself up as I listened to the song that was playing from my computer. It was Uptown Girl by Westlife. 

Swaying to the beat, I searched for an outfit in my closet. It was friday night and I was very excited for the plans Jake and I had made.

I decided on a navy blue floral print top and denim shorts with a pair of golden strappy sandals.

Once I threw those on, I sprayed some perfume. Makeup was not going on my face tonight. I felt loose and happier. A nice casual date with Jake had brightened up my mood considerably. I hadn’t felt this bubbly since-

Into the box of painful memories it goes.

I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the usual pocket along with a twenty dollar bill. I was ready to go so all I had to do now was wait for him to arrive.

When I entered the living room, the sight of my mother sprawled on the couch with her remote in hand made me chuckle. She was watching True Blood.

“Mom!” I shouted with a smile. 

“What!” She nearly fell on the floor in an act of surprise and fright. I started to chuckle at her worried face.

“Nothing. Just scoot over.” She shook her head and patted the side of the couch. I sat next to her and she put an arm on my shoulder, giving me a tight squeeze. 

“You look cute, sweetie. When’s Jake coming to pick you up?” 

“Thanks, mom. He said he’d be here in about fifteen minutes.” I answered.

“What time are you coming back? Wait, are you staying over?” She asked with a pensive expression.

“Whatever’s okay with you.” I gave her a small smile. 

“You know I don’t mind. Just remember what I told you, Evelyn.” 

“I know, mom. I’m not going to do anything like that for now so don’t worry about it.”

“Promise you’ll tell me if you do. It’s all I ask.”

“I promise.” I pecked her cheek. My mom and I continued watching the vampire series until my phone buzzed, signaling I had a text.

Jacob- I’m outside;)

Evelyn- Coming!:)

“He’s outside?”

“Yup!” I popped the p. Getting up, I pecked my mother’s cheek goodbye with a one arm hug. 

“Where are you going again?” She asked me with that same expression. Wow. She was off today. 

“Didn’t I tell you twice? The fair, mom. The fair.” I rolled my eyes and giggled. 

As I was about to open the door, my mother talked once more.

“Answer me when I’m trying to communicate with you or I will go get you.” She gave a menacing stare. 

“Alright, mom!” I laughed.