Chapter 31 - Three

Hello, lovelies! Okay, so this chapter is a filler. I don't like fillers. But this is a nice filler. Lol. I had to put it in because the next chapter is one month later and very important. It'll be up soon. Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you liked it. Thanks for reading! (: <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

 ~Three Days Later~

My mom was opening the front door of our house as we stood outside. Jacob was holding the small car seat with our little Avalyn sleeping tightly inside and his other hand held mine tenderly. I smiled at the beautiful sight, feeling so much love coursing through my heart. I was so excited to finally be home with the three most important people in my life. To have Avalyn somewhere else but at the hospital, to have her home, felt truly amazing.

“Come on, guys.” My mom said happily and we walked inside our house. It was the same place but it felt different, better.

“She’s asleep. Should we put her in the crib?” Jake said quietly, looking down lovingly at Ava before looking at me the same way. I smiled, feeling as if I’d melt. 

“Yeah, we should.” I said and he nodded, smiling. Our hands were still entwined but I let go so he could get a better grip on Ava. I looked over at my mom to tell her to come with us but no words came out of my mouth when I saw the loving smile and moisture in her eyes. I smiled at her, my eyes tearing up too.

“Come on, mom.” I said quietly, going over to her to lock our arms together and guide her to Ava’s room.

Jake gently set her down in the crib and my mom and I went over to him. Jake kissed my lips softly and I wrapped my arms around him as I looked down at my little baby girl, fast asleep and surrounded by light pink sheets. She was the most beautiful and perfect thing I had ever seen in my life.

“Isn’t she lovely?”  My mom asked quietly, smiling down at her granddaughter. I reached out for her hand and held it mine ready to answer but my boyfriend beat me to it.

“She’s lovely and perfect, just like her mother.” Jake said tenderly and I saw my mother smile. I looked up at him, ready to melt from his words with a smile on my lips.

“Perfect? I nowhere near it, babe but thank you. I love you.” I said, completely forgetting my mom was in the room too. Jacob smiled and held me close in his arms. I sighed in contentment because I could finally carve and melt into his body like I used to. I kissed his chest and breathed in the scent of Jacob that I knew all too well.

“I love you too.” He whispered into my ear then kissed the top of my head before resting his own over it. We stayed in each other’s arms for a while, just reveling in the feeling. 

“I’m going to take a much needed bubble bath. Call me if-” My mom started, worrying already but I cut her off.

“Mom, just go. You deserve it. We can handle it. Need I remind you that I’m probably more mature than you are?” I said, only half joking at the last bit. Jake and my mom laughed. 

“Yeah that’s probably true but still, call me if you need me.” She said.

“Alright, Cynthia. Just don’t come out naked.” Jake said and my mom and I laughed, I playfully slapped his chest and kissed his cheek. He was too funny.

“Let’s see if I don’t forget to cover up.” She joked and walked out of the room, leaving Jake, Ava and me all alone in the quiet pink room.

I was going to move away from Jake to get something before he caught my arm and held me captive. I looked at him, confused.

“Nope. You’re staying here.” He smiled, and quickly brought his mouth down to mine before I could protest. Not that I was going to. My arms immediately locked around his neck and I brought my body as close to his as I could, something I hadn’t been able to fully do for much too long. I parted my lips for him and a low moan escaped my throat when his taste and warmth filled my mouth. His hands went to my back where he pressed me to him tightly.