Chapter 21 "Weird Behaviour "

Start from the beginning

We entered the diner and chose table beside the window. Claire was sitting towards the window and I was right besides her. Jackson was sitting across us. We ordered our food and talked while we were waiting for our food to arrive.

We were just talking and getting to know each other. Jackson told us about his family. His family lives in California while he lives in New York with his brother, Damien , who works as a manager in a 5 star hotel.
He actually comes from a very rich family but his parents didn't want them to become spoilt and they wanted their children to earn their success so Jackson and his brother decided that New York was the city where they wanted to start fresh. Their parents are really proud of both of the brothers.

I listened intently towards what Jackson was saying while Claire looked at Jackson in awe.
The whole time Jackson kept us entertained with his terrible attempt at jokes but that actually just added to his charms. He kept teasing Claire. Claire spent most of the time glaring at him or bickering with him as he kept teasing her.

When we were done eating, we were about to pay when Jackson being the gentleman he is, paid for our food to which Claire just rolled her eyes but nonetheless thanked him for it.

We exited the diner and and entered our office building. When we were about to enter the elevator Claire said she has some work to do and left towards the other direction, leaving me with Jackson. We entered the elevator and I pressed my floor button since Jackson insisted he wanted to walk me to my office. As the elevator door opened, I walked towards Claire's desk which was empty at this time.

I turned towards Jackson and gave him a grateful smile,

"It was a really good. Thanks "

He just smiled at me and said it was not a big deal. I smiled at him one last time before I was about to leave when he called me,

"Sophie? "

I turned around and waited for him to speak.

"Umm...I-I..."

He was looking at me nervously and was scratching the back of his neck and smiled at me sheepishly and said,

"Do you have Claire's phone number?"

As soon as I heard him a big smile spread on my face.

Looks like he has a crush on her ...

That's why he seemed so nervous. I looked at him and he was looking at me hopefully that I might give him her number.

"You like her, don't you? "

He looked nervous again and stuttered,

"Yes..I mean n-noo... I mean...she's cute..."

He mumbled the last part but I heard it.

"I swear I'm not a creepy stalker. "

He kept babbling while I fished out my phone from my purse and texted him her number. I asked him to check his inbox and when he saw her number, he smiled really big before a smirk came to his face.

He looked towards me and smiled widely and thanked me, when we were interrupted.

"I don't pay you for flirting with my assistant"

I looked towards the source of the voice and saw it was Alexander. His hands were in his pockets and he was looking at Jackson. More like glaring.
While Jackson looked not even a bit affected by his glare or accusation, he said,

"I was about to leave, sir."

"Then leave."

Was Alex's rude reply.

Jackson nodded at him and left quietly. I turned towards Alex and he looked angry, when he said,

"Where were you during lunch break? " he asked harshly.
I was bit taken back by his tone but answered.

"I was with Jackson and-"

I was about to say Claire when he interrupted,

"You went with him?"

I looked at him confused.

Why is he so angry?

"I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?"

Completely oblivious to why he was so furious.

He opened his mouth and was about to say something but didn't say anything. He suddenly turned and left towards his cabin and slammed hi door shut, leaving me completely confused.

Maybe I did something wrong...

AN:
What do you think about Alexander's behaviour?
Or about Jackson's feelings?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!