25. Best Of Me

"I wanted it to be tender waves,
But why didn’t I know that you were the sea?"

December ushered in the onset of a tight schedule for BTS, the month packed with their final Wings concert, the release of their Japanese album and appearances on various Korean music award shows. Their winning streak for these held strong as the boys scored award after award for all the hard work they had put into their album; their blood, sweat and tears as Yoongi liked to call it.

S-U-G-A A-K-A AGUST D~,” Hoseok was rapping in the erected tent which served as their green room once they had all piled into it after the conclusion of the Melon Music Awards. The trophies had all been lined up on the dressing tables, glittering in all their glory while the members gathered to congratulate Yoongi on his joint victory with Suran. The rapper flashed sheepish smiles, his cheeks displaying just a slight tint of red as the boys hyped him up. It wasn’t long before the petite artist herself arrived to meet Yoongi, whisking him away for a private conversation.

“But seriously, I can’t believe it,” Jimin stated once a semblance of peace settled over the otherwise frenzied area. The staff was in the midst of packing up while the members sprawled out on chairs and couches to catch their breath before leaving the venue. “We’ve been incredibly lucky this year.”

“You can say that again,” Namjoon agreed from his spot on the ground where Ji Ah was giving him a massage, a thin screen separating them from any prying eyes. The two were still keeping their relationship under close wraps though it was an open secret as far as the staff of Big Hit was concerned. But out of respect and an endearing affection for the rapper, there seemed to be an unspoken pact on their part to refrain from referring to it in any way.

Ji Ah didn’t know how long this could continue before things finally came to a head, fully aware that their relationship was a time bomb just waiting to explode. But there was no helping the risk, not at this point anyway. Lost in thought, her fingers pressed into Namjoon’s shoulder a tad bit roughly and he grimaced. “Take it a little easy there, love?”

Overhearing the comment, Taehyung poked his head around the partition and smirked. “You guys do realize we’re still in public right?”

Ji Ah flung a towel at him, catching the man square in the jaw and sending him tumbling into Jungkook’s lap. “Kim Taehyung, keep it down will you?”

Taehyung merely grinned, raising his palm in silent apology, utterly oblivious to the maknae squirming underneath the weight of his body. The videographer sighed, lowering her head to study Namjoon and lightly trailing her finger along the ridges of his shoulders. She watched him relax at the motion and smiled softly. “Sorry about that, Joon-ah. And Tae’s right.” The rapper let out a groan when she shifted to sit opposite him, the sudden lack of pressure on his back strangely unnerving. “I shouldn’t be giving you a massage where anyone can see us.”

A mischievous look glinted in Namjoon’s eyes. “My place then?” His voice clearly implied that this rendezvous would consist of more than just a massage. Seokjin, who was perched on a stool a few feet away, chortled unabashedly at the invitation. The rapper scowled at him, playfully shooing him away but the man just continued grinning.

Ji Ah rolled her eyes, stifling the urge to join the oldest in his laughter. “Sure, your place which you share with six other guys. So much privacy,” she deadpanned, the sarcasm not lost on Namjoon. “I can hardly wait.”

Hoseok had joined them behind the screen to stretch his legs and laughed out loud at her statement, the booming sound echoing within the hollow space of the tent. “Gosh, do you guys ever get tired of bickering?”