Chapter 17

Brad.

I woke up, thinking of him. Why? I have no idea. I was in his bed. After what happened yesterday, I felt like I was going insane.

Brad's smell was all around me. It was a mixture of coconut and lavender. I loved his smell.

"You're looking better."

I looked up to see Brad. "Yeah. I guess so."

"I know you just woke up and I would love to spend more time with you, it's just that there has been a problem."

Uh oh. "What's the problem?"

"Rouges have been sighted near our territory. We're trying to track them down as we speak." His face was set as a grimace.

"How many?"

"I'm not sure."

I sighed.

"But since I can't be here with you..." he  hesitated before saying, "maybe you should hang out with Conner. Plus, it seems like he needs it."

"Ok..." I said, unsure.

"Be safe," he told me.

"You too."

Once he left, I couldn't figure out what he meant by saying "he needs it". I guess I should go to Conner's room and see how he's doing. I began walking to his room.

I knocked on his door but there was no answer. "Conner?" I called softly. I slowly opened the door. He was in bed. He looked normal... at first. The closer I got to him, the more I understood Brad.

Conner looked pale. I mean, really pale. He looked a bit thin and his face was gaunt. His eyes were bloodshot.

"Conner?" He barely gave me a glance, but didn't answer. "Are you okay?" That was a stupid question. So I quickly changed it. "I mean, how are you feeling?"

"I don't deserve to live." He spoke so low that I almost didn't here him.

"Conner, don't let Sara get to you."

"Too late," he mumbled.

"You have every right to live. Just because she says you shouldn't doesn't mean you have to listen to her."

"Shut up, Lexi! You don't know anything."

I flinched at his words and tried to act calm. "Then explain it to me."

"Whatever. What's done is done."

"No! Not whatever!" A stab of fear shoots through me as I realize what he means. "Conner... if you're thinking about killing yourself... d—"

"I'm not thinking about killing myself."

"Then why the hell are you acting like this?"

He hesitated and after a while he said, "Shut the fuck up, Lexi."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Can't you see I'm trying to help you?!"

He ignored me.

This time I felt a couple of tears slide down my cheeks. "Fuck you, Conner!" I cried. I ran out of the room and ran back to Brad's room. I slammed the door shut and sat heavily on the bed.

What the hell is wrong with Conner? I angrily wiped the tears on my face. Sara had to have said something to him. But what?

Maybe I should try contacting her. Although I don't think that would be worth it. She'd probably make up lies. But not only that, just the thought of talking to her again made me anxious. Scared even.

But why would I be scared? She was back in my head where she belonged. It's just the idea of—

Suddenly I hear glass break and shards of it went on top of me. I screamed and fell to the floor. I realized the window behind me broke, but what broke it?

I look around the room and see a brick. I carefully pick it up and see a note taped to it. I took off the note while nervousness settled into my stomach. It read:

       We have heard about you, Lexi. We see that you are miserable with your pack. Especially you're mate. The other pack members treat you like you're nothing. But WE know that you are more than just nothing. Join us, Lexi. You have great potential. You are a necessity for our pack. We need you as much as you need us. We'll take care of you. We'll be there for you. We protect each other. Join our pack. If you decide to join, we'll be waiting at the wise tree for the next three days. That is how long you have to decide. Think about it.

                               -Rouges

I let out the breath that I have been holding. The rouges want me to join their pack? Should I?

The more I thought about it, the more tempting it sounded. Why should I stay in this pack? Conner hates me as does everyone else.

But Brad. I'm not sure how I felt about him. He said he's changed but has he really? What if it's just an act?

Conner was right. I don't know anything anymore. No one would care if I left.

Suddenly, I began feeling claustrophobic. I needed to leave. Now.

I didn't bother taking anything with me. I just... left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So sorry for the late update! I know this chapter is pretty short and I'll try to make the next couple of ones longer.

Completely unrelated to anything but I just want to say that there is this awesome YouTuber called Markiplier who is so funny. Just thought I'd spread the word. Please look him up, he is hilarious.

Anyway! Hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to:

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

LOOK UP MARKIPLIER