Chapter 15

"Lexi! Wake up!"

I gasped awake. "Conner! Why are you yelling at me at—", I looked at the time, "—five in the morning?"

"Because!" Like that answers my question, I thought. "Brad is back!"

"Oh my god." I quickly got out of bed. "Oh my god."

"Don't worry, he barely opened the front door."

And with that, I ran upstairs to Brad's room. I was about to jump into bed when I looked for something to mask Conner's smell on me. All I could find was an air freshener. This will have to do. I rubbed it on my clothes and got in bed. I breathed in deeply to make it as if I was sleeping the entire time.

I heard someone open the door. I heard a shuffle of clothes. Then the bed moved. I felt arms wrap around my waist. Then a kiss on my forehead. He sighed happily. He nuzzled in closer to me as his head tried to rest on my neck. Then he stopped moving all together. About time. Yet I spoke to soon. He let out a large growl that echoed off the walls on the room. Oh shiz. I slowly opened my eyes and I see a very mad alpha looking down at me.

"What?" I whisper.

"What is that on your neck?" he said through clenched teeth.

I thought back to last night. We were just kissing... but after that... he kissed my neck. Sucked on my neck. I felt my palms become sweaty with fear. "I tripped and my neck hit the corner of a table." He totally knew I was lying.

"I know you're lying." Yup. "Tell me the truth."

"Why? Just so you could beat up whoever did it?"

"It was Conner, wasn't it?" I didn't say anything. "That son of a btch."

He began to walk out the door when I stopped him. "Don't do anything to Conner!"

"I knew I shouldn't have left you here with him."

"Don't blame Conner. It's my fault."

"You're right," he said laughing cruelly. "This is your fault! I mean, how could you? I'm planning to do anything for you yet here you are backstabbing me in the back!"

"What about that one time where I walked in to you having sex with that slut?!"

"That happened before I changed!" he argued. "Why can't you let that go?"

"Why can't you let me go?" His eyes no longer showed anger but sadness. "Let me make my own choices. Let me love who I want to."

There was a pause before he answered. "Can't you see I love you?"

I sighed. "Honestly, I think you do... but there's only one problem."

"Yeah?"

"I don't love you." A complete and utter lie.

He opened his mouth about to say something, then closed it. Sadness was in his eyes.

"Excuse me," he mumbled and began to open the door. Then there was Conner standing in the doorway. Before Brad could say anything unpleasant, I beat him to it.

"Conner? You were eavesdropping?!" I yelled, pretty pissed off.

Without taking his eyes off Brad he answered, "I was making sure this a*shole didn't do anything to you."

"I think you're the a*shole here. You're supposed to be my beta, not my mate's sex slave!" Brad said angrily at Conner.

"Brad!" I yelled at him.